Your not going to believe this - someone paid to cut me in line.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjs862, Jul 13, 2008.

1. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

Alright I'm a little late at posting this, but I guess better late then never. I got to Walt Whitman mall here on Long Island about about 1:30pm the day of the launch and I finally arrived to the front of the Apple store at 5:30pm. All of a sudden this random guy comes up to me and says "Hey if you let me cut you in line, I'll buy your iphone for you". I was shocked to hear this, but after talking to him for about 30 seconds he was serious. He waited for the security guard to look away and he simply ducked underneath the ropes. We simply said we were together and proceeded to walk into the store. As we got in the store he and everything seemed to be cool he handed be $400 cash, in $100 bills. We exchanged emails and I told him I would help if out with any computer problems he needed. I told him I usually wouldn't have done this, but as a broke medical student any dollar I can get is useful. He said don't worry about it my business is doing very well right now.
    :D:D:D:D:D

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't worry, he probably pays more than that for a BJ.

3. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

damn cool deal!....were the 100$'s real lol! maybe his buisness was conterfitting. :D

no but thats real cool!

4. ooo macrumors 6502

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

6. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Not exactly fair to those behind you in line, but for $400...

Well, congratulations :D

7. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

Congrats, I hope they have some when I get mine this week. :D

Reminds me of this YouTube video I saw when the first iPhone came out. Some lady was gonna spend $100,000 or so on buying all the iPhones in the store [release day], paid the first guy in line $400 or $500 for his spot, only to find out she was limited to 2 iPhones per customer. :rolleyes:

8. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I was reminded as that as well.

For $400 (cash even! :eek: ) I would have let him TAKE my spot in line, go home, and come back another day. You scored.

9. jabbawockee macrumors member

10. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

If I was in line behind you, I would have kicked both your asses.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That is BS. If you give up your spot it's OK but to let someone cut in front of others is morally wrong. Too bad you weren't caught and thrown out. For all those defending how would you feel if you were behind him and the person in front of you got the last iPhone that you would have got. Or if it's OK to let 1 cut in line in front of you how about 2 or 50 for that matter.

12. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I wish I had a disposable income like that lol. But wow, that's pretty awesome!

13. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Well now that we have established what you are, lets talk price.

:)

Seriously though, risky move as it could have potentially gotten people behind you pissed off.

14. asmac macrumors newbie

morally wrong? LOL I think you are taking a spot in line a bit serious, yes? ;)

15. kjs862 thread starter macrumors 65816

kjs862

The person at the Apple store did a head count and said everyone is guaranteed a phone. So...

16. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

The concept of the "queue" is one thing that separates civilized countries from the less so.

Allowing someone to buy your spot is a matter of taste, but does nothing to the others.

Selling your spot but not giving it up (which is what you did) is just rude.

I'm sure you don't care cause you got your money for it.

What you should have done is gone to the end of the line.

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Don't listen to all the haters in this thread..... good for you, man. That's awesome.

Enjoy your shiny new free iPhone. :D

18. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

19. reub macrumors newbie

+1

20. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

You've got to be kidding. Lining up for hours and fighting over a luxury consumer product is as uncivilised as can be.