Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
I am loving the look of it. I have a SS 42MM Milanese Loop and I simply love the way it looks.

That said, my favorite feature has to be the subtle taps. I can appreciate it because I came from a pebble, which has a vibrate louder than my ring tone.

oreo7504

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
It's so hard to pick one thing & my favourite thing keeps changing during the day.

I love the activity monitoring & getting me to be more active. Siri changing my playlist when iTunes on my iPhone is playing random stuff, directions on my wrist.

I think when I'm on my holiday, I will love directions, yelp & trip advisor.

jonathanhrtly

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
East Coast Australia
Love the little viewfinder on the camera app. I work in retail and it helps me check the store for crazy customers (by looking around corners) and feel like a spy.

That and I tried the fitness app yesterday and it worked really well!

Both for the stationary bike at the gym (gave me a more realistic calorie count rather than just a count based on wattage and distance) and worked for the ride to and from work as well (it was about .1km off what Strava said!)

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I love the notification center on my wrist now, and I don't have to carry the phone with my in my home anymore. This is the main reason why I buy this watch, and it works beautifully.

Snowkarver

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
It's not that many places in the US either. At least the places I tend to shop.

Haha, we have the exact opposite problem here Canada because of our financial services industry landscape.

Just about every retailer, restaurant, gas station, and Mom-and-Pop store already takes NFC tap/wave payments on a regular basis. We have a bank oligopoly (5 or 6 big banks with ZERO competition) that made it happen nationwide in less than a decade, but they're not happy with Apple's commercial terms or brand usage, so they're negotiating furiously. In fact, they recently got together to form a coalition to bargain with Apple.

Technically, the minute they come to an agreement, and flip the switch to allow their cards to be tokenized via Apple Pay, just about every business in the whole country will suddenly accept Apple Pay - which would give Apple a ridiculous national penetration rate here (close to 100%). It's one of the big reasons we're second in line after the US market.

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
Haha, we have the exact opposite problem here Canada because of our financial services industry landscape.

Just about every retailer, restaurant, gas station, and Mom-and-Pop store already takes NFC tap/wave payments on a regular basis. We have a bank oligopoly (5 or 6 big banks with ZERO competition) that made it happen nationwide in less than a decade, but they're not happy with Apple's commercial terms or brand usage, so they're negotiating furiously. In fact, they recently got together to form a coalition to bargain with Apple.

Technically, the minute they come to an agreement, and flip the switch to allow their cards to be tokenized via Apple Pay, just about every business in the whole country will suddenly accept Apple Pay - which would give Apple a ridiculous national penetration rate here (close to 100%). It's one of the big reasons we're second in line after the US market.

Interesting. Major retailers are supposed to make the switch entirely by the end of 2016. It's not a direct mandate but related to another regulation that will go j to effect. I'm looking forward to it.

jonathanhrtly

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
East Coast Australia

Yeah we have almost the same situation here in Australia. 5 or so giant banks that control all the NFC eftpos machines in businesses around the country.

All the smaller banks have NFC cards and there was a push last year to abolish anything other than NFC or transactions without a PIN number entirely, which happened in October last year (no signatures for payments! This made me retail job a solid...45% easier).

So we're totally ready for Apple Pay. The big banks just have to come to terms with Apple!

Here's hoping its this year. It would just be as you said. Flipping a switch.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
For me it's definitely notifications. Before, I always felt like I had to be checking my phone, since I would sometimes miss the sound/vibration when it was in my pocket.

Aside from that, having lots of info available on the watch face (Modular for me) is awesome.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
Texting! I think dictation is even better on here than on my phone, it feels a lot more accurate.

I have a minimum of notifications coming to my watch - my VIP emails and texts, Snapchats, Dark Sky. The ones I care about. It's great to know that I don't have to pull my phone out of my pocket only to see that all I got was an email from Target or someplace. Anything I care about I'll know about.

Is Snapchat just a notification that you have a snap waiting? Then you check your phone?

Cabby

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
The texting dictation actually works! I typically would end up just giving up and typing it on my phone because it never understood me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.