Your opinion on the Griffin Reveal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 28, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I was deciding to get the Griffin Reveal as my first case for my iPhone 4
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reveal-iphone4

But i want to know if its worth getting or if there is a better case out right now.
    My one concern is how will the case protect my iPhone 4 if it were to fall

2. RC83 macrumors 6502

I have the black one on my black 32gb... its really sturdy, does not feel loose at all. The back protector was a selling point for me.. I dont have to worry about putting my phone on a table.. the button fittings are spot on.. Very well made..

One thing that I have heard is it interferes with the flash a little.. I have not tested it, but I love this case... looks really cool..

3. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

Pretty much exactly what he said. Only other negative is the black rubber pieces across the top of the charger port could be a little more sturdy. But overall, a pretty nice case!

I'm happy with mine!

4. H.B.I.C macrumors member

I like it, but ended up getting the Belkin Vue

5. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

I have a white one and love it. I think the white goes very well with the black phone, although it's all personal preference - black looks good too.

The case is sturdy and fits well. But if you do get white, just beware it collects dirt pretty easy. :rolleyes:

6. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I bought one today, white, and I really like it. I painted the opening with a sharpie to fix the flash problem. I also left the factory plastic on the back of the phone to prevent the back from getting scratched by dirt in between the backs.

7. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

I bought this case a few days ago from best buy and i think im going to return it soon to order an "bumper." The issue i have with the the Griffin is that it adds some thickness to the back of the phone...granted its for protection but I like how the bumper apple makes keeps it thin and sleek. This being my 3rd iphone im choosing appeal over protection I guess.

8. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I like it, not too large, sides protected. Back looks nice. I did find the flash does cause a problem with the photo getting washed out. The only other issue I have is I always carry my iphone in my pocket and usually go naked. I just was not sure about the back getting scratched, but now as with any case with rubber on it, it is a lot harder to get in and out of my pocket. It sticks and grabs to the pocket because of the rubber sides.

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

It's OK if that's all you can find. I don't like the look of the back. It collects dust almost immediately and will fill up with scratches. Really shows up on a black phone. That's not to mention the other issues above. I'll replace mine with the Apple bumper and Bodyguardz.

10. Love Juice macrumors regular

wouldnt that leave the back camera lens covered up? i don't recall if the protective layers had cutouts since i tossed mine.

11. Mfear macrumors member

Ditto

12. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

Had it, but I thought ti made it ugly. Returning it tomorrow - had black.

13. swissbrit macrumors member

14. eTip macrumors 6502

+1

Preferred the feel of the Belkin as well as the clear vs. the white. Also, I like the shape of the camera cut-out on the Belkin better.

15. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Same here. Dust collects behind the clear backing, too. It looks like ***** after a day or two. I prefer the Belkin Clear Vue. I also like the bumper.

16. chromey macrumors member

Seems like stuff will get behind the clear part and scratch the **** out of your phone. I had a griffin case that was all clear for my ipod video and within 2 days it had completely scratched the hell out of my ipod. I don't trust hard plastic cases anymore.

17. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

i dont like the belkin vue only because of the top button cover. You have to press pretty hard to use the button. Maybe it was just a bad case i tried at the store though. I really like the looks of the clear belkin vue just like my reveal.

18. eTip macrumors 6502

The power/sleep button doesn't seem that much harder to press on mine. The volume buttons are definitely a bit harder to press, though. It doesn't bother me - in fact I rather like that I can't accidentally press a button. It is a valid & relevant point, however. Wonder if they will become easier to press after time?

19. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

I liked the Griffin, at least as a temp until I got my bumper, but not happy with the idea of using a sharpie on the flash cutout. Test all your cases to be sure you're not getting reflection problems when using the flash. (thread in accessories)

20. decadentdave macrumors 6502

Got the Belkin Vue and as soon as I opened it I walked back into Best Buy and exchanged it for the Griffin. I like the grip feel better than the jelly feel of the Belkin. That said the Griffin is only a temp case until I find a clear hardshell polycarbonate case then I'm taking this one back.

21. senorhappy macrumors member

Got the Reveal on launch day and took it back yesterday. It's not a bad case, it just had some serious flaws for me.

1. The washed-out flash problem
    2. Rubber case was hard to get out of my pocket... stuck like crazy
    3. Wayyy too much lint got behind the back plastic, and then was extremely visible against the black phone back.
    4. Loose area near the connector got on my nerves when pulling it out of my pocket.

I traded it for the iFrogz luxe lean. I really like this case since it adds almost no size to the phone and has a cool metallic look to it ( I got the green metallic) eventhough it is some kind of tough plastic/rubber substance. It really holds the phone well and has a nice velvety covering on the inside that rests against the back glass. I was really buying it as a holdover until other stuff came out, but I think I'm gonna keep it for a while.

22. fuzion macrumors 6502

I bought the white reveal case and took it back.. looked dirty after 2 days.

I bought the belkin grip vue/clear case.. love it! the whole thing is a nice silicon/rubber that feels like it will absorb impact, it's not as big as the griffin case, and it shows off all the phones sexiness!

:)

23. decadentdave macrumors 6502

You must like the feel of squishy silcone in the palm of your hand. ;)