[Your opinion wanted] Iphone 4 Titanium replacement cover metal!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bestace, Apr 20, 2011.

1. bestace, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

bestace macrumors member

Hi, guys..

I just came back from Korea to see my best friend and I actually found a metallic back cover made out of titanium. (It's actually metal!!!!!)
    Cuz..I tried all those ones sold in Ebay basically all ****!!!
    I have no idea if it is sold in the US but if you want to buy and you have plans to visit Korea go to Yongsan (it's SUPER BIG A$$ electronic market)

Anyways It's called K-Zar made by Uberlicht ( I don't know how to pronunciate that word)

I've check their website but it's under construction...

I paid 65000 Won which is roughly $60USD
    Anyways all this to say Im actually happy with this product!!

P.S no stupid comment please

Check it out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. iphoneIA macrumors regular

3. rickreiko macrumors newbie

Wow that looks amazing. You should have picked a couple more up and sold them.haha

4. eclone macrumors newbie

It's nice, but not $60 nice for what looks like just a skin. Plus have fun collecting scratches. My Ti watch can tell you how I know.

PS is this a stupid comment? what does that even mean? derp?

5. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

i thought you were talkin about an actual back replacement. looks alright, i bet it looks way tighter in real life tho. Hows it look from the front?

6. bestace thread starter macrumors member

clarification

It is not a cover or a skin... it is an actual battery cover replacement part..
    It just looks like a skin because it is so thin. Pretty light too for being all metal. As for scratches, my phone lives with my keys and non so far.

7. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Isn't $60 a little expensive for that? I thought backplates were selling for like $30? Perhaps I'm wrong. But that does look really nice.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

9. KoreaIphone macrumors newbie

Where did you get that?? in yongsan stn?? where??? You know its pretty big overthere.. can u be more specific??
    and are you sure that it isn't a skin that you glue on???

10. bestace thread starter macrumors member

well I don't speak korean so it's hard to say exactly. Any way it is behind the station where there are lots of phone stores and computer parts stores. As for the back piece, it is totally metal front to back and side ways.

you have to take out your glass back to put this on so i am sure there is no tape or sticky thing involved.

11. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

if its really titanium, its pretty cool, but the LED flash and camera opening were poorly implemented.

12. KoreaIphone macrumors newbie

Alright.. I'll be checking out next hoping to find it...
    I really hope it's sumthin that i was looking for...

13. bestace thread starter macrumors member

want a front to match

you know i don't want to sound greedy and all but i wish there was a way to make the front of my iphone match the back. an all titanium iphone would look really slick.:) If there is any possible way, method, website, dealer or satanic ritual (okay maybe not that far) that could do that please post me a note...

14. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

You paid 60.00 to make your phone look like that?? I dunno....

15. KoreaIphone macrumors newbie

I just went to the shop but they ran out of stock:mad:
    apperently they only had a few and the supplier running out of stock... (what the heck...I thought no one knew about this product...
    anyways...I have seen a display sample (which I forgot to take a picture T.T)
    but they also have it in the same color and material as the macbook pro..
    which actually looks better than the one of "Bestace" (No offence; only a personal taste)

All that to say that they are suppose to call me back on monday and if I end up buying it I'll post a review and maybe videos.

16. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Sorry, but that's a ripoff. Also, too glossy IMO. Here's one that's made of aluminum, and also comes in colors:
    https://www.facebook.com/iarmor
    And, you have 2 choices: a flat back, or a beveled iPhone 3GS-like back.

But, if that was $20 and had realistic Apple marks on it, then I would totally buy it.

17. KoreaIphone macrumors newbie

Please don't try to tell me the $20 dollars ones are good cuz they are not!
    I KNOW! bcuz it's not my first time ordering from different online companies...
    I always get those aluminium sheets glued on plastics.. and every time it comes off.. What the heck??? right there $20 gone!!!
    I spent over $80 just to find the right aluminium back case and EVERY SINGLE OF THEM WAS JUST CRAPPPP!!!!

Anyways I saw the case its 100% metal NOT THOSE GLUED ONES I just couldn't buy it cuz they had no more in stock!

AND PLEASE BEFORE SAYING "IT'S CRAP OR RIPOFF" WAIT FOR SOME REVIEW TO COME UP CUZ I SAW IT AND YOU DIDN'T

18. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ...
    Half of the gray iPhone 4 photos on their website are mine. I will tell you this: I have put this back through hell, and not once has it even shown a single sign of falling apart. The camera lens is made of GLASS. This company is a reputable company. This is not crap; pure quality. I feel bad for you, wasting so much money. Also, for $30 this is a steal compared to the OP's $60 back. I physically own this back and fully trust it.
    Try them, especially the Mark I. It's awesome. Makes your phone a lot lighter, too.

19. bestace thread starter macrumors member

Ahh! sorry guys but this is not the place for flame wars......
    I paid 60$ for an all metal back iphone battery cover not only because it looked nice but because it felt like a high quality item. A sheet of metal stuck to plastic is a totally different feel. If i was concerned over price I wouldn't have bought an iphone in the first place. I bought it for it's quality, same with the battery cover. The fact it that all the people i have shown it to like the look and although i still use an iphone band i am not worried about the back..

by the way... any ideas about the front?

20. Ommid macrumors 6502

21. KoreaIphone macrumors newbie

CRAP... NO PHONE CALL FROM THE SHOP....
    I was expecting a phone call but they didn't call me..
    oh... well maybe tmr..

and I wont regret!! for waiting and buying it

22. Ommid macrumors 6502

What!?

23. KoreaIphone macrumors newbie

24. casperfly macrumors newbie