Your opinions on cost/performance efficient re-sell cycles

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yabot, Sep 8, 2013.

1. yabot macrumors regular

So my 2010 13 inch macbook pro has just had its 3rd anniversary, i am lucky that i ordered it with 8Gb ram as it has and is still flawless in its performance, but now i'd like something new, possibly the new 15 inch retina or the one i just found on refurbished store for £1.3k.
    I use it mainly for office applications, itunes, web browsing, and i'd like to be able to play Bf3 on it (bring it haters:D), but i don't want a windows pc or a bundled heap of wires in a plastic box as some people like to call gaming pcs, as i like having a neat sleek and modern package that can do everything.

Anyway how many years do you think you should keep a mac for? Depending on use/performance/needs/cost, all of it, for me 3 years seems to be the sweet spot, as i just got £420 for this which i'm happy about as its got a dent in the side. So for me about £330 a year for mac isnt so bad...

I'd' like to hear all your views though!!

2. leman macrumors 604

3. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

I tend to go 5, but a big part depends on your willingness/ability to service it. Passed 3, things start to go wrong and it can cheaper to start fresh. Other reasons include changing form factors and needing more power for some new use/software.