Your plans for Halloween

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It's October once again. What are your Halloween plans this year?

Dressing up? Party plans? Going to one of those fright-themed amusement parks? Staying at home and just eating candy? Some people ignore Halloween, but does anybody actively dislike it?

If you have a Halloween-themed desktop, post it the Halloween desktop thread.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Stay up late enjoying myself with others if possible... it's my birthday the following day. ;)

Think I'll take a few days off work this year.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I'll be in the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade, for sure. If weather permits I will only be wearing a rainbow towel, just as I did last year. Otherwise I'll find a nice warm costume :).

e

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
scem0 said:
I'll be in the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade, for sure. If weather permits I will only be wearing a rainbow towel, just as I did last year. Otherwise I'll find a nice warm costume :).
Oh! The last time I was there was about 10 years ago, and I just went as a goth chick, how original. Now that I think about it, that was the last time I celebrated halloween. Is 31 too old for trick or treating? I could use a big bucket of candy :D

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
For those of us not planning to host or attend a party, I suggest an online Halloween party, post your costume etc. :D

Either pics of selv in costume, or avatar in costume.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
annk said:
For those of us not planning to host or attend a party, I suggest an online Halloween party, post your costume etc. :D

That's a funny idea, I like it.

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Madison, WI for Halloween. It's crazy there...just look up some articles on it.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I'm dressing the dog up as Yoda.

Rumor has it one of my colleagues throws our students a Halloween party every year that involves hanging donuts from light fixtures. Am only imagining where the "party" goes from there ...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
annk said:

I'm already planning to embarrass myself royally with my in-costume photo.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Eating the candy that we won't be passing out because the neighborhood kids' parents think Halloween is Satan's birthday and won't let them go out to participate in such a ghastly demonic ritual.

I've lived in this house for six years now. Kids used to come by until three years ago. Nothing since then.

I think Halloween started to lose its appeal when you started having to x-ray your kid's candy at the police station to check for razor blades and whatnot.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
CorvusCamenarum said:
Eating the candy that we won't be passing out because the neighborhood kids' parents think Halloween is Satan's birthday and won't let them go out to participate in such a ghastly demonic ritual.
Please say you are joking, right?

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
CorvusCamenarum said:

I've lived in this house for six years now. Kids used to come by until three years ago. Nothing since then.

I think Halloween started to lose its appeal when you started having to x-ray your kid's candy at the police station to check for razor blades and whatnot.

Thats sucks...

I hate it when people dont do Halloween because its Santan's Birthday!

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
I'm pretty sure the honors college is having a halloween party. I may go to it. If I don't, I'll rent some scary movies with a few friends. :)

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I love Halloween! By far the best holiday.

I will spend most of Halloween Day decorating the house, only to take it all down within a matter of hours. :( ...Halloween really should last a least a week. :D

That reminds me, I've got to start searching iTunes for this year's Halloween music.

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC
scem0 said:
I'll be in the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade, for sure. If weather permits I will only be wearing a rainbow towel, just as I did last year. Otherwise I'll find a nice warm costume :).e
If it's chilly, just go for the extra-plush rainbow towel.

I'll be at the parade dressed as a tomato.