your ( real) 2010 macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by finnschi, Oct 7, 2009.

1. finnschi macrumors 6502

what would be your ideal macbook( pro) for 2010 please keep it real here..

i would like to see a 15.4" MBP with USB 3.0 , fw800 a i7 mobile and a even better gpu than the 9400/9600 combo. iam not so sure about blueray, i am also happy with the screen. furthermore i would love a comeback of the pci express slot and maybe a CF card slot instead of the sd ( maybe a option?) almost all professional dslr's use CF cards nowadays.... i dont fancy SD .

i am OK with the Use of miniDP but i would like a second mini Dp so ich can connect 2 24" acd's ( if this happens i dont need no pci-e)

what would u like to see??0

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Other than the i7 you should do the same. :p

pci express back from the grave?

another mini port?

CF reader?

If this is about fantasy then make it wash my car. :D

Stop "bloating" the macbook line with all this crap. Remove the superdrive (give it away as an external) and just make better use of all the spare room.

Of course Jobs would just make the MBP thinner, dumb it down and price it so nobody can afford it.

Oh wait... I just invented the MBA. :eek:

3. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Clarksfield, USB 3.0, expresscard back in the 15" with an expresscard SD-reader included. Higher default resolution on the 15", and optional bluray.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Sounds about like what I would want, except that people have been clamoring for a higher resolution screen and blu-ray for ages now, and Apple just doesn't believe in either... Apple also doesn't seem to adapt new ports quickly, unless they're going to be obscure and require adapters that they can sell to make more money (mini-DP anyone?)

So to make "real", we need to simplify.
    Also, Apple won't put the expresscard back in the Macbook Pro, as the SD slot is standard. The only model that will have an express-card slot will be the Macbook Ultra :p

Seriously, Apple's innovation and new technology can put glass-buttonless-mice into the computer, but they've somehow forgotten how to use standard ports or drives, it's freaking aggravating.