Your realistic opinion on the iPhone coming to Sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mfaye21, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mfaye21 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I love macrumors and Apple products in general but I currently have a Palm Pre for Sprint. I LOVE webOS but dont love the hardware. So, I am eligible for an upgrade on July 2nd and I was planning on just waiting for the new palm hardware. Then..it happened. I had a sudden urge to get an iPhone because I wanted the apps and I knew that I would just love it. I am a 15 year geek who doesnt have the money to pay for my own at&t bill or the power to move my dads whole company to AT&T. So, my question is, do I stick to my original plan and get the "pre 2" or do you think there will be a sprint iPhone before july 2nd of next year? I know that nobody besides att, sprint, and apple execs really know but what do you think?
    Thanks!
    P.S I dont really want the Evo

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

3. mfaye21 thread starter macrumors regular

4. CIA macrumors 6502a

The iPhone is less likely to come to Sprint then it is to Verizon, and Verizon is a stretch for even next summer.

Stick with what you have. Just because your contract is up doesn't mean you have to renew it. You can stay on Sprint as long as you like out of contract. Gives you the freedom to jump ship without penalty when you decide to move to another carrier..

5. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

My guess means exactly zero and is based on nothing but opinion, but I'd say... 2 years out. I think it's pretty obvious Verizon is the next likely candidate within the next year. They'll get some sort of deal to lock it to them and ATT for 6-12 months. After that, I'd say Sprint is the next in line and T-Mobile either at the same time or just after. I'd be shocked if Sprint beat Verizon to it. They don't have the user base or the cash to pull it off.

Shame too because Sprint has a really good network. I was on them for years before switching for the original iPhone and would move back if they had it. Never had any issues with them and totally solid service.

I like WebOS a lot too, but in the same situation I'd go for the Evo right now. Stick it out and I bet by the time you have the next upgrade either Sprint will have it or you'll be older and in a position to go to ATT (yourself or pay your parents). Battery life might suck, but it's one hell of a phone otherwise.

6. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

yea, it's going to be a while, maybe when the iPhone 4GS comes out :p

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

+1

I would stay "out of contract" until at least the Fall. Some of the more reliable rumors say something will be announced by then.

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Sounds good. By Fall, he could see a refreshed WebOS phone. Plus some WP7 phones should start to hit around then, if he's not interested in Android.