Your Software Purchase Timeline

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hard-Hat-Mac, Aug 10, 2007.

?

When will you buy the new iLife/iWork 08

  1. You haven't bought them yet?!

    3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. I will buy before Leopard comes out

    1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I'm waiting for Leopard, then I'll buy

    2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I'll wait for my next mac to get it and Leopard for free

    2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 18, 2007
    Location:
    Philly Burbs
    #1
    Hey all I'm debating whether to just buy the iLife/iWork 08 suite when i get Leo in Oct or get it now. I wanted to know what everyone else was thinking so here's a little poll to see. I'm leaning toward buying now as I'll have more time to mess around with them.

    Thanks,
    HHM
     
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2004
    Location:
    Adelaide, Australia
  3. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #3
    let's see... the updates were announced Tuesday and i bought them Wednesday.

    if you already have a Mac, there's no benefit in waiting.
     
  4. disconap macrumors 68000

    disconap

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2005
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #4
    There was no option for "I don't need them". Since my work requires me to use pro versions of all the apps in iLife and iWork, I've never bothered with either (though they are both great suites of software).
     
  5. nbs2 macrumors 68030

    nbs2

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2004
    Location:
    A geographical oddity
    #5
    ...unless you don't need a new computer or the software. I may not even get the '08s - maybe I'll end up waiting until the '09s or '10s.

    If the OP is planning on upgrading his machine in the next few months, I'd say to wait. Also, if the OP is plenty happy with the '06s then why spend the money? If not, then yes, there isn't any benefit in waiting.
     

Share This Page