Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polo5

macrumors regular
May 2, 2008
I have personally never liked these type of cases, the reason being that once is out of the holster the phone is completely vulnerable to any drops and that kind of stuff... again that's just me...

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I love holster cases. Makes for ease of access. I carry mine around naked in a holster. Using a DLO HipCase until Seidio releases the spring clip holster for the iPhone 4. Can't stand a case on any phone, especially on iPhone. They are just so darn sexy to cover up. My 3GS took a few low drops on a black-top driveway and a concrete garage floor. Just some minor nicks/scuffs in the corners. Guess I was lucky.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
I love the leather hip cases from marware, which I consider a few notches above quality than the griffin. They also have enough "play" that you can have your phone in a hard case (provided it is a thin one).

The original had a subtle magnet latch that I prefered, but I guess magnets interfered with the phone and now its velcro for everyone.

The marware originally had leather sides but they found it wore out and became unthreaded. The new rev has a tough black elastic band there to provide enough give to last longer.

One more positive thing about marware.com: My original case wore out at the leather side strap. They replaced mine free of charge with the newer model, just asked for a photo of the damage. No questions after that, and the new case shipped quickly.

No way I would not get the marware again.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Ah should have added this:

http://www.marware.com/products/iPhone-4/C-E-O-Premiere-for-iPhone-3G-3GS

media.nl

And as I said, you can still keep your iphone in a skinny inner hard case (For example, I bet the ivyskin reflection case would fit nicely though I do not have one to confirm).

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I so hate velcro enclosures. Yuck! The Seidio spring clip holster rocks.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
NY
I so hate velcro enclosures. Yuck! The Seidio spring clip holster rocks.

Yeah the velcro tends to wear.

I was thinking that a holster may be more protective than a bumper because its enclosed so the front and back are always protected. The only time it would be out is when I'm using the phone and I don't remember dropping my phone when holding it. Most of the time my phone either hits something while in pocket or it may fall off my lap or pocket.

I'd like to find one without velcro so it would last.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
It's not that velcro tends to wear. I just hate the cheesy sound it makes when opening and closing the flap.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
A holster is a must have for me. I'm currently rocking a $10 holster I picked up from Radio Shack a few weeks ago. I just ordered the Casemater Hipster case via ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280530961783
Just so you know, the Case-Mate Hipster is not really designed for the iPhone 4 at least according to Case-Mate.

Editor's Note: This product was originally designed for the iPhone 3G / 3GS. After hearing from many customers who said it worked well with the new iPhone 4 we are now packaging it with an iPhone 4 screen protector! Since the design of the iPhone 4 is slimmer than the 3G, this case will have a slightly looser fit when compared to the 3G. Also, please note that the iPhone 4 Barely There is NOT compatible with this case.​

Source:http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-Leather-Hipster.asp

Dave

Espo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Just so you know, the Case-Mate Hipster is not really designed for the iPhone 4 at least according to Case-Mate.

Editor's Note: This product was originally designed for the iPhone 3G / 3GS. After hearing from many customers who said it worked well with the new iPhone 4 we are now packaging it with an iPhone 4 screen protector! Since the design of the iPhone 4 is slimmer than the 3G, this case will have a slightly looser fit when compared to the 3G. Also, please note that the iPhone 4 Barely There is NOT compatible with this case.​

Source:http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-Leather-Hipster.asp

Dave

I saw. It looks like it fits a bit loose, but Casemate has made 1 specifically for the iphone 4 but its not available yet.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
That is really nice, and no velcro.

Please let us know how you like it.

My case came Saturday afternoon and I must say that I actually do like it. The iPhone 4 slides in and out of the Hipster with ease pretty much. I used it all of yesterday and liked it. I almost had an accident where my i4 almost slipped of my hand so I had to go back to rockin my Speck Pixelskin though. I may end up selling my Hipster though.

loskickking23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
I luv the leather holsters.... I wish someone would make one with a metal snap button instead of the Velcro ... I have always used these cases but the Velcro gets weak after a while....

khakiman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2009
Covertec

I luv the leather holsters.... I wish someone would make one with a metal snap button instead of the Velcro ... I have always used these cases but the Velcro gets weak after a while....

I use my Covertec case that was made for the Palm Treo and it has the magnetic snap and I never have had an issue with the magnet causing any problems. The case is one of the best made and seems to wear great, I have had it for over five years. I have used my Treo, 2g, 3g ,3gs ,and now my 4 in this case. I used a slim hard case with each of my iPhones and now a Bumper with my iPhone 4 and they fit fine, not too loose. The case swivels as well and the belt clip is covered in leather.

Attachments

• DSCF1163.JPG
    DSCF1163.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1164.JPG
    DSCF1164.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF1165.JPG
    DSCF1165.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1166.JPG
    DSCF1166.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF1167.JPG
    DSCF1167.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 72

TheWatchfulOne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
media.nl

Here's the holster I got for my iPhone 3G. It will also fit an iPhone 4 with bumper installed. It's a tight fit at first, but it will loosen up.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
NY
media.nl

Here's the holster I got for my iPhone 3G. It will also fit an iPhone 4 with bumper installed. It's a tight fit at first, but it will loosen up.

Your pic didnt show up.

I wanna do a holsters, with bumper and BGz skin.

@ djransom.. Do u have a bumper? And if so, how is it with the case?

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Seido Leather Case

Anyone take a gander at Seido's new horizontal leather case?

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csl4iph4-h.htm

It's still "coming soon" but I'm liking the look of it. I personally love the feel of smooth leather rather than the textured leather found on other many of the other leather cases from other manufacturers.

They're also selling the same case but that fits an iPhone 4 equipped with their "Innocase", so this one might be of interest for those who use the bumper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.