Your thoughts (IP7 "Free" trade in)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eclipse01, Sep 19, 2016.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Just want to hear some people's thoughts on the program that everyone is doing, (Trade in your 6 or higher receive a free IP7)

No brainer right...too bad you are kind of locked in for 24 months of credit.

2. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

I did it on T-Mobile for my girlfriend. She had my old 6, got her a 7. She didn't care or want it, but I wanted her to have it so she got the better service from the additional bands. If you are someone who doesn't care, it works out ok. If we need to switch, you pay off the remaining, so you are still ahead compared to buying a new phone.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Cash paid for unlocked and do not have to worry about it.

4. macblitz macrumors member

macblitz

It is a good deal if the price of your plan stays the same. For me, the monthly plan on verizon is the same so I took advantage of the deal.

I don't care about being locked in for 2 years. I'm not switching carriers anyways.

5. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

me too, sold 6s plus 64 and got 7 32, paid around $200 out of pocket

glad to not be making payments, even if credit, for seemingly the rest of my life in cell phone lifespan world (2.5 years)

6. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

It's a no brainer to me...think of it as free 0% financing. Sure you can pay $650 out of pocket, or you could finance through T-Mobile and pay $0/month. Worst case, if you decide to switch carriers, you'll just owe the remaining due on the phone.

You can't lose.

7. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

Agreed

8. HaydenWI macrumors member

As you said, it's a no brainer since you're getting far above market value for your 6, as long as you plan to keep the new phone for 24 months. This is because if you decide to pay it off earlier (in order to sell or upgrade), the credit stops at that point.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The way I see it most everyone keeps their iPhone at least a year. That means you're getting no less than $325 (plus applicable taxes) for your trade.

There will always be people hesitant to do financing deals and I will never understand it. You can always buy the phone out any time. The sooner you buy it out the less your race is worth.

If I had a phone to trade this year I'd have done it and I don't even want the 7 lol

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

It's a great program. My phone was probably worth $250 in its state... and sometimes it wouldn't charge and the bottom left of the screen felt sorta damaged.. I came out on top

Who cares if I have to stay with T Mobile for 2 years.. I wasn't planning on going anywhere anyways lol

11. iregret macrumors 6502

Theres no trade in value differences between the phones or capacities correct? If so, I kinda wish I wouldn't have bought the 128gb version. LOL