Your thoughts, is this plan decent for my 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I signed up on a pre-pay month to month plan on T-Mobile for $50:

Unlimited Voice
    Unlimited Text
    Unlimited International Text
    1GB LTE Data, thereafter unlimited 3G Data

ATT is offering a similar, if not, exactly the same plan at $45.

Is there a plan out there that's just as competitive price wise? Keep in mind, voice calls is equally important; it's how I receive my assignments for work.

Also, I am so happy to be finally be unshackled from Sprint.

2. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

if att is offering much lower price for the same plan, why didn't you pick ATT instead? TMo coverage in some area is not good.

3. wolfaaron macrumors regular

Compare speeds and coverage in your area. Who has better coverage?

T-Mobile usually doesn't save you very much money unless you have a family plan.

4. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

ATT didn't offer it when I shopped around to see what pre-pay plans they offered. As soon as I went to T-Mobile to sign up for this plan, ATT offered it for $5 less. This plan, under ATT, is labelled "NEW", so ATT must've recently added it.

Since I'm not under contract, I can try T-Mobile this month and switch to ATT next month.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's a good plan as long as 1GB is enough data for you, though T-Mobile does allow unlimited music streaming. Just note that after 1GB you're not reduced to 3G speeds, you're reduced to EDGE speeds.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

1gb of data will not go far but if you are careful and just use for emails it should do fine.

7. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

StraightTalk has unlimited everything with 3 gigs of data before throttling at $45 a month. I use them and love it.

8. wolfaaron macrumors regular

I loved their service too but their customer support is a nightmare. They couldn't get sms picture texting to work. It worked fine when I moved to T-Mobile even though they were using the T-Mobile network with my phone.

9. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I had his plan when I tried t-mo before signing up for the $80 unlimited everything plan. After using the 1 gig of LTE the speeds are HSPA+ or less whichever is available. It is not Edge unless there is no HSPA.