Your thoughts of My MBP I5 issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allforpiratebay, Aug 8, 2010.

1. allforpiratebay macrumors member

Hi!
    I've done a mroogle search but not found much on issues i'm having, i'm thinking of getting it fixed - because i don't think it's normal.

1) The DVD drive sometimes (read: alot) spits the dvd out right after i have put it in. It does even mount on the desktop. Sometimes if i repeat trying to put the disk in and the computer spitting it out eventually it will accept it but after >3 tries. Yet some DVDs will be fine.
    2) The speaker occasionally (once a week or more for longer than a day) cuts out on the right side and also the subwoofer. Resulting in significantly reduced and tinny output.

These annoy me, very much, but i'm not sure if i can return it for these issues as i cannot replicate them when i need to. They happen spontaneously. I definitely think the speaker is something dodgy.

Oh and its a 15" MBP I5 2.4 hi-rez and is well within warranty but well outside of the 14 day return window.

The only thing i can think of which pins this on me is the fact i do alot of handbrake stuff - but surely this isn't meant to break it?!

Mnay thanks

2. moel macrumors 6502

take it back, and/or take a video of it doing it on your mobile phone.

Sounds like theres something iffy in there.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The issue with the SuperDrive sounds to me like it warrants a replacement drive. The issue with the speaker is not as clear; does the problem lie with the speaker and subwoofer or with the right audio channel? See if the problem occurs with headphones. If it does, the problem is most likely the logic board. If not, the speaker and subwoofer are most likely the culprits.

4. allforpiratebay thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i tried it with headphones - fine. And i tried shifting the sound output to the right and it went silent so, i came to your assumption of broken speaker.

thanks for you opinions, will take it in (sigh).