Your thoughts on my choice

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Aloush, May 4, 2010.

  1. Aloush macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2009
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #1
    Hey guys!

    So I am buying a Macbook Aluminium [The one before they went pro] from my friend,
    it doesn't come boxed but he is asked £450 for it.
    Now I have the decision to make on whether to try and sell this Macbook to get one of the newer 13" Macbook pro's,
    or buy a SSD Hard Drive and possibly and extra battery.
    I just thought I would ask your opinion on the matter.

    Thanks
     
  2. pricej636 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2010
    Location:
    Colorado
    #2
    Personally, if you have to ask then you'll probably be fine with just the macbook and waiting on the pro. If you do the upgrades you mentioned and add some RAM you won't really notice the difference between the two machines (MB and MBP). There are a few things that the MBP has that the MB doesn't, but nothing you cant live without.
     
  3. lyons238 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2010
    #3
    id say keep the MB and wait until the next update to get a macbook. just get a 7200 rpm hd and some ram. dont bother with ssd, their too much money at the moment. within a year or two the price will go way down, so wait until you get your next MB or MBP.

    plus theres no sense in buying a macbook unless you know you can sell it for more. but like i said just upgrade and use it for a year. im sure you will be happy.
     
  4. Aloush thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2009
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #4
    Thanks very much guys!
    My plan was to keep the MacBook anyway, I just wanted some other opinions on the matter, I think I may also upgrade them ram after you just said it.

    Thanks :)
     
  5. NathanCH macrumors 65816

    NathanCH

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2007
    Location:
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #5
    People have been saying that for a year. Prices have gone down gradually, but there wont be some huge jump as people are predicting.

    Spending $150 on extra ram will have barely any effect.
     

Share This Page