Your thoughts on Speck Satin Case for MBP 15in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jordanf1end, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jordanf1end macrumors newbie

hello all, just ordered a 15inch MBP! was hoping to get some insight on the Speck Satin Cases im hearing so much about. on one end people say they love it and gets the job done but on the other hand im hearing it damages the laptop and it is incredibly hard to remove. What are your thoughts or reviews?

2. movieboy23 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've got a red Speck Satin case on my MBP and I couldn't be happier about it. It's a great looking and feeling cover, and it definitely helps protect my machine from small drops, dents, dings and scratches. I wholeheartedly recommend this case for any looking to protect their Mac if they are as portable with their MBP as I am.

As far as your concerns, I havent had any damage done to the exterior aluminum of my MBP by putting on the satin cover. And while the case is a snug fit and can be difficult to take off, the bottom half of the case is much easier to remove than the half that covers the display housing, which proves extremely useful if I'm doing some upgrading to my machine or should it ever need to be serviced.

Get the Speck Satin case. It's definitely worth the money and is one of the less intrusive cases you can put on your machine.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

How much hotter does the Macbook Pro get with this case on it?

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

increase in heat is negligible

it's good if you transport and use your MBP in random places but if it's going to stay relatively stationed or used on a couch then you don't really need it

my satin has saved my MBP from dents and such on a few occasions but that's only because it goes with me everywhere I go

5. deeesea macrumors 6502

It's all right, Adds quite a bit of bulk, but if you're like me, and drop keys and pens, and what not on your computer, then it'd be a worthy purchase to save your laptop from looking mad ugly in the long run...

Then again I got the red one (only colour they had left) and now my laptop looks mad ugly anyways! haha.