Your thoughts on the CoD games so far? (Mac)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by alexreich, Jul 31, 2012.

1. alexreich macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2011
    Hey guys, Alex here.

Just finished playing a little CoD 2 on my Mac after not playing for quite a while, and I must say that I really enjoy that game. I'd say that game-play wise, it's the most fun of all the titles. While playing I thought about starting a thread to see what you think of each of the currently-available titles for OS X. Feel free to ramble on about the strengths, flaws, what you like, what you don't, etc... :D

My opinion is...

Most frustrating: Original CoD (the non-self replenishing health bar pisses me off!)
    Most fun: CoD2
    Best storyline/campaign: CoD4
    Best online gameplay: CoD4

What do you think?
  2. Sylon macrumors 68020

Feb 26, 2012
    Michigan/Ohio, USA
    I've only played COD4 on the Mac, and its pretty good. It got me used to playing FPS games on a computer instead of a console like I'm used to. Online play isn't the best, but thats mostly because of my internet connection. When I did have a decent enough connection, a server I found called 24/7 Killhouse gave me some of the most fun I've had in the game.

I really wish Black Ops came out sooner. I really enjoyed playing Training Camp on the console version, and considering I'm deployed, playing online isn't the greatest. So a little bit of Training Camp on Nuketown would have really passed the time.
  3. koolmagicguy macrumors 6502

Feb 19, 2012
    New York
    I have CoD, CoD2 and CoD4 for Mac. CoD4 is by far my favorite. Multiplayer is great and very alive and I love the single player campaign. CoD and CoD2 are very difficult for me even on easy. I can't wait for Black Ops but CoD4 will always be my favorite CoD and my favorite game of all time.
  4. alexreich thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2011
    That's pretty funny. I actually thought that CoD2 was the easiest Mac release, and I find CoD1 to be the hardest. CoD4 is pretty simple for me, as I played the Xbox 360 version long before I got it on my Mac.
  5. jason221 macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2009
    I have many, many hours logged on both COD2 and COD4 online multiplayer. It's hard to decide which is best. I do think they are better than any of the new COD games, though.
  6. JulianMcC macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2012
    I found COD4 fun, I have only hired the later versions of the game, I come from a background of Quake, so COD seems really slow to me.
  7. xchampx13 macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2012
    I have cod 4 for mac and it is a lot of fun. I got it just for multiplayer and have not even opened single player. I enjoy all the mods you can play with for the pc/mac version of the game.
  8. xAgustinx macrumors regular

May 22, 2012
    Is there some way I can use a xbox controller with this game?
  9. Killery96 macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2011
    I got CoD4 for OSX. I've since become an avid CoD player and a decent one at that. The unfortunate thing is that I log onto bootcamp to play MW3, which can play at highest graphical settings and resolution with AA at a good 40-70 FPS, whereas to achieve 45+ consistent FPS (on the CoD4 FPS monitor the fps counter is terrible because at 30fps there is horrible stuttering) on Call of Duty 4 in Mac, I must play at 1280x800 with shadows off and no AA. It's ridiculous how terrible the port is. Otherwise, it's a great game!
  10. Northwestern macrumors regular

Sep 13, 2011
    CoD4 is the best in all aspects and then I like CoD2, because of its setting.
  11. alexreich thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2011
    I totally agree. CoD4 is the most impressive visually, and it draws you in. CoD2, though not complex is just so much fun!