Your Thoughts on the ColcaSac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KyleKlink, Sep 22, 2009.

1. KyleKlink macrumors regular

KyleKlink

I'm considering purchasing a ColcaSac for my MBP (http://colcasac.com/original.html) but I'm a bit concerned about shedding of the material inside. Does anyone have this sleeve and find the shedding to be a problem?

I've read that a lint roller would help, but I want to make sure my MBP isn't going to fill up with fuzzies.

2. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Dont do it, The Applesac and Colcasac shed forever, that stuff was all over my macbook all the time!!!!!

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I dont know if they changed it, but I've had a black sac for 1/2 year and I have never seen a piece of shed at all on my Book.

4. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

i have a applesac and it barely sheds on my mbp... it smells good too :D

5. thesmoth macrumors 6502

I have the brown colcasac with white lining, so i don't see the shedding, but my girlfriend as a red applesac with blue lining, and months after she got it (plus lots of lint rolling) and it still sheds every time. When you open it up you see the lint around the keyboard.

They are extremely thinly padded (think of your typical fleece jacket, and just wrap a single layer of that around your macbook... not much protection).

So if you are putting it in a laptop bag that already had a padded safe area and you just want to get a little bit of extra protection from skratches and stuff, they look nice and seem to be pretty good quality.

Also, get the hemp colcasacs and NOT the applesacs. My girlfriend has the red burlap applesac and it is WAY less rugged than the hemp. The burlap stretches and doesn't hold it's shape well, so her 13" mbp already fits loosly, while my colcasac still fits quite snug.

The colcasac hemp canvas is way more heavy duty and durable than the flimsy and thin burlap.