Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I was thinking it might be nice to have some sort of alert on forum spy when someone replies to a thread that you had created, similar to how you can see your buddies post in spy

Perhaps make it blue or red (for example, one's buddies post are highlighted in yellow)?

I know when I ask a question, sometimes i miss responses in spy

just a thought

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Thread subscriptions already take care of this. You've obviously posted in a thread you've created and are subscribed to it.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yep, just set up auto-subscriptions with no notification for all threads you post in, and they'll show up with checkmarks next to them in Forum Spy. The only downside is that if you first post in a thread while your Forum Spy session is running, it won't start showing the checkmarks until you reload Forum Spy.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yep, just set up auto-subscriptions with no notification for all threads you post in, and they'll show up with checkmarks next to them in Forum Spy. The only downside is that if you first post in a thread while your Forum Spy session is running, it won't start showing the checkmarks until you reload Forum Spy.

Since Spy moves so quickly, are there any options to possibly make subscribed threads more visible in the Spy mode -- like have them highlighted/backgrounded in a different color or something?

Subscribing should be User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode -> change from "no subscription" to one of the other options (I use "no e-mail notification," which means you subscribe to all threads in which you post but you do not receive thread subscription updates by e-mail unless you manually turn them on for a thread).

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Since Spy moves so quickly, are there any options to possibly make subscribed threads more visible in the Spy mode -- like have them highlighted/backgrounded in a different color or something?

thats what i was talking about. you just said it loads better!
Subscribing should be User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode -> change from "no subscription" to one of the other options (I use "no e-mail notification," which means you subscribe to all threads in which you post but you do not receive thread subscription updates by e-mail unless you manually turn them on for a thread).
thankya

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop

It would be nice as well as having the option to highlight certain forums different colours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.