Your Top 3 Hardware Gripes with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groove-agent, Oct 28, 2007.

1. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about buying an unlocked iPhone in Canada. Before I do, I'm curious if there are any problems I should be aware of (with respect to the phone itself, not the unlocking).

For example, I remember that the volume levels of the phone calls are extremely low. Also I recall reading that certain series screens are better than others.

What are your 3 hardware gripes with the iphone?

2. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

hi i bought one unlocked in toronto and its awesome..its week 39 version and so far no issues.Volumes levels are good.Only thing im waiting is tv out function.
    and also wish i had some cases to choose from for the iphone.

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I read somewhere that unlocked phones emit a toxic dust that can render users sterile.

I think there was a Greenpeace press release on it.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I heard the opposite - Al Gore was the one who invented the iPhone...:p

1. I miss the real buttons when using the phone part (yes, I actually use the phone part of it...)
    2. No updates for me. ;)
    3. Attracts "too much attention" and afraid of it getting ripped off...

5. ermaher macrumors newbie

Toxic dust

Greenpeace is hardly a source to trust when you consider that they are single handily responsible for the extent of damage to the forests in our country. Your common sense is being affected by the phone, possibly, but whether or not the phone is locked or unlocked doesn't make any difference. The phone is not artificial intelligence; it can't decide to kill you if you have it unlocked or not kill you if it is locked. That is ridiculous!

6. ZhaoYun macrumors newbie

1. No Voice Recognition. This is extremely important for me as I call a lot during driving.

2. No bluetooth streaming. This is useful to me when I do gardening. I use to listen to music when I did gardening with bluetooth stereo headset in my HTC Touch.

3. Ok, the last one might not me hardware related. There is no way to enjoy Wifi with Radio off. I switch off my phone after 10PM and this means there will be no Wifi/Bluetooth/GSM Radio if you toggle the "Airplane" mode. Once the mode is on, it disable the above 3 signals. Why can't apple just let us disable only GSM Radio ??????

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Top THREE...

1. No voice recognition - Hoping OneVoice will release soon!

2. Cannot connect to iTunes Store unless connected to WiFi.

3. Photos cannot be sent to other phones.

:cool:

8. iPhoneyboy macrumors member

I heard that an iPhone started the wild fires in California!

9. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I was being ironical.

10. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I live in Canada (Edmonton) and have had the iPhone for about a month now and LOVE it. I can't imagine going back to a regular phone. Its amazing!!! I drive tractor-trailer and the cab of the trucks are a bit loud and I have no problem with the volume at all. Although I wish the ringer was louder. My only complaint is that I wish Rogers/apple would take the Canadian market serious so I would not have to buy a unlocked phone. I am sure it will come to Canada but it doesn't seem to be in any rush to arrive. Take the leap and I'm sure you will love it to. CHEERS!

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Do you think it might be AT&T...

that is holding up the deal? :cool:

12. gotzero macrumors 68040

1. Aluminum is slippery/dents easily. Bad combination. I am on iphone #2. lol.

2. GSM signal drives audio devices nuts.

3. Uses iphone dock, but cannot really connect usefully to most accessories. I would have preferred a mini USB port.