All iPads Your uses and storage for your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAttackKev, Oct 25, 2014.

1. MacAttackKev macrumors member

After flopping between an air or a retina mini I decided to go for a mini retina. Now I just need to decide the storage for it. I was ideally planning on going for a 64 gb, since a friend of mine has a 32 GB and somehow managed to fill that up, and advised me to get a 64 GB. I planned to keep mostly videos, PDFs as well as apps on the device, and possibly all my songs.

I figured I'd ask around for other people's opinions on what they use their ipads for and if they have enough room/ need more room.
    Also how much actual usable space does each model have?

Thanks All! :D

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I keep all my pictures (16,000), 11 movies, a couple of seasons of my favorite tv shows, and about 25 games. No music. I use iTunes Match on the iPad. I have all my music on my iPhone.

128GB. About 20 free.

3. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

128GB Cellular Air 2

[​IMG]

----------

Wow, you have a lot of stuff on yours, ZBoater. Looks like Apple needs to increase their storage options again, lol. :D

4. ppfd macrumors regular

ppfd

I went whole hog this time, 128 air 2.

If you can afford it, go double what you think you will need.
    32 - 64, I filled any 32 I had pretty quick.

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

Just been filling my new 64g Air 2 up for a trip.

So far I have 5 seasons of my fav TV shows (25g), 2 movies (about 7.5g), some apps and a couple of gigs of pictures. I don't keep music or audio books on my iPad. I still have about 10g left.

I could easily dump the TV/movies and add my whole music collection (which is smaller than most folks). But I use my iPad for TV/movies when I travel so...

Anyway, I had originally thought about getting the 128g version but instead I bought a 500g wireless device from SanDisk to fill up with my non-iTunes stuff. Works out great because I only need the extra storage when I travel and it works every year when I buy a new device. Plus it works with all platforms.

I've always been one to say 'buy the biggest storage possible'. But with the advent of the wireless streaming devces out there I've altered my views.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

16GB iPad Mini 2 LTE

Use for Safari surfing, reading books, playing my iTunes library (via iTunes Match), Youtube, and TVShows/Movies. I only keep about 5-6 episodes on it at a time though and then delete them after I watch them.

If you plan to travel more then you'll probably want at least a 32GB. The 16GB works for me because even though I'm out during most of the day, I usually come back home that night and can connect to my Macbook to delete the stuff I've already watched and put new things on it.

7. Closingracer macrumors 68020

Get as much as you can afford. I decided to go all out and get the 128GB LTE model since while I won't fill the 128gb up at all right now I like to have the space available so I have it there when I need it. If you can afford the 64GB get the 64GB because the apps do add up

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL! Yes, indeed. I'd have more if I could. I'll be first in line for the 1TB iPad Air 5... :cool:

9. cardfan macrumors 65816

16gb. I figure if I don't really need one then I definitely don't need to overpay for storage. Hearthstone. Some books. A few casual games. And everything else is in cloud.

10. MacAttackKev thread starter macrumors member