Your views!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by orace, Jul 26, 2007.

1. orace macrumors newbie

orace

Hi everybody,
    It's now approximately eight months since I bought a MacBook Pro;
    Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Display: ATI Radeon X1600 VRAM 128MB
    HDD:120 GB

Am new to Mac and I'll like to have your advices on how to upgrade my machine. Cause actually am gamer and use it all for lots of database stuffs. So, according to the descriptions above do you people think its enough or must be upgrade and how? do stuffs like WoW III or AoE III fit in those features? thank you in advance for your help!!!:)

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

It's not a must, but adding more memory would enable you to do more at once. Otherwise, the machine is perfectly good and you should find it just great for all the things you want to do with it.

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Yep, I'd add more memory. Assuming it is 1x1Gb (One stick that is 1Gb, meaning you have one empty slot), I'd add one more stick of 1Gb memory which will run you $60 from Crucial.com. Of course you could add more, but unless you really wanted to then 2Gb is more than enough.

Even if you aren't looking to spend any money right now, (It seems like you do because of your post) you have an awesome machine. (Hell, I'd kill for a MBP) :)

4. orace thread starter macrumors newbie

orace

Thanks guys...Yeah I confirm MBP is awesome...

5. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

More memory is the easiest option is another user previously stated. Your machine is quite good though as it is.

6. Mr. B macrumors regular

Always remember to run cleaning scripts from time to time and use disk utility to make sure everything runs clean and smooth.