Your watch band in hot humid hazy weather

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luba, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

With the Nike sports band with all the holes in it, it wasn't too bad in terms of comfort in very hot (95F), humid weather.

I had worn the Milanese in hot humid weather and it was great. Better than the Nike sports band IMO, but with the Milanese band it has to wrap around your wrist completely. With the sports band I can wear it loose as long as the sensor is touching my wrist. So while the Nike sports band doesn't feel better than the Milanese on my skin in hot humid weather, I can wear it much more loosely than the Milanese. I also think that the thicker AW2 allows me to wear it more loosely than AW0.

How's your watch band in hot humid weather?

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Apple woven nylon bands are pretty comfortable... but I really like the perlon bands from Clockwork Synergy... nice, easy woven band that vents well.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

The nylon bands are lighter, although they will absorb moisture and sweat. The flueroastamer bands somewhat stifle the wrists during warmer weather, but handle well with moisture.

I actually prefer my stainless steel link bracelets. They don't get hot and they clean up easily.

4. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

Cheap Milanese is the best I've found. The other ones including Nike sport band irritate my skin in the heat and give me a rash.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I still only have my original black Sport band, and I change it to one hole looser when it's hot and muggy (or after I've taken a shower and my arm hairs are still trying to dry out).

Super-convenient and easy to do when compared to my other watch straps and bracelets. I don't even need to take the AW off my wrist.

6. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

I like perlon watch bands a lot (they're a common recommendation for warm weather on watch forums, and I have a number of them for the Marathon watch I used pre-AW), and Clockwork Synergy makes good bands, but they appear to be doing a stupid sexist-looking thing with respect to colors: half of the colors, ones that some might consider "less manly", aren't available for the 42mm watch, they only offer them for the 38mm watch. I'd be interested in berry, blue, pink, or green, if they offered them for the 42mm watch. I have no interest in, say, black or brown or navy.

Also, the Clockwork Synergy NATO band for AW I bought recently... I wasn't impressed with the adapters, they wobbled quite a bit in the channel on the watch. Not enough to fall out, but not confidence inspiring, and not what I had come to expect from Clockwork Synergy. I ended up swapping them out for my old pair of Click Adapters (a Kickstarter that took a ridiculous amount of time to arrive - the clones got to the market first - but they totally nailed fit and function).

7. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I've posted recently concerning the decline in quality at CWS... I have one of the NATO bands that the strap half doesn't fit in my watch - it won't physically fit in the slot. I notified them, they gave me a refund and told me to send the band back and they'd replace it. They sent a replacement that was the exact same way. The buckle half of the band (both times) fit perfectly. I just threw it in the trash since I'd already gotten a refund... their quality has really suffered... and I agree re the gender-specific bands... one that I wanted was only available for the 38mm watch for who knows what reason... I'm done with them.

Do you have a good source for the perlon bands? Seems like CWS was pretty much it, last time I checked.