Your Windows Experience/Bootcamp/Alu MB

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jinsou, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Jinsou macrumors regular

Jinsou

Well I was a previous owner of the BMB/2.2/4GB ram and such, and i had windows xp with it and later upgraded to vista, i liked xp better, but i felt like vista runned a bit faster i dunno and the windows rate was 3.0 if i'm not mistaken. Now I own a Alu MB, and i first installed vista ultimate, I was surprised to see a base score of 5.3!! toping a friend of mine Gateway FX lol...
    I now installed Vista Business which is the one provided by the A-Alliance, and interestingly the base score came down to 5.2 which i could care less, it's still pretty high.

So, How has your experienced been using bootcamp.

1. I totally hate the way the trackpad works... i kinda found a more comfortable way, if you are like me which uses the trackpad in an L fashion, (thumb for click and pointer to navigate) then i noticed that if you don't remove your thumb from the trackpad it wont skip when you try to click, like it does otherwise.

2. for some reason my bootcamp settings are not being saved, has this happened to any of you? i always have to enable secondary click and touching the trackpad to click.

3. have any of you done anything to make it boot faster? I'll just be using vista for visual studio, since i'm taking C# this classes i find it a useful and easy path.

4. anything else you want to share?

5. Oh and, where is the iSight in vista?????? in xp you just went to my computer and it was there, cant seem to find it..

Jin

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Oddly enough I get a Windows Experience index of 5.5 in Vista 32-bit in Boot Camp, my lowest subscore being gaming graphics. No big surprise there, considering the iMac's graphics card.

I like Boot Camp quite a bit but I've found Parallels to be more convenient, and serves my needs better - it's a royal pain to reboot just to switch operating systems, for one.