you're too slow, my dearest iPod. :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mixmacface, Aug 11, 2008.

1. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

I've had my ipod touch for about 2 months now, and still proclaim it to be the best device i've ever spent 200$ on. . i only have 2 gigs of music/video in it, and about 5 apps from the app store. it's an 8 gig. just to clarify.

however, recently, i've been having lag issues. when i rotate for a wide-screen, it takes longer than what i'd like it to. i thought it was just on the apps that i downloaded (i was doing a crossword, and rotated the screen. . super slow), but i was showing my father the cover-flow view the other day, and it went REALLY slowly. music wasn't playing, or anything. also, the touch screen is getting less responsive. . which isn't making me a happy camper whatsoever.

also, when i'm replying to emails, and deleting the one (it shows up below where i've typed), it will delete more than what i want. somehow, the shift key turns "on" and will delete half of what i typed. it's so very frustrating.

i was just wondering if anybody else has had these problems, and did you fix it, and if you did, how did you do it?

2. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i haven't. i would play around with....or apple store or call apple.

also check apple help on their website...it can be helpful... stress can be...

3. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

How often do you turn it off/on?

I have this problem if I don't restart it for a while.

4. mixmacface thread starter macrumors regular

mixmacface

i turn it on and off all the time. . i mean, not all the time, but it's not on all the time. .

but when you say restart, do you mean hold down the hold button and slide to turn off?

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i actually wouldnt turn it on and off all the time. I have read how that slows the touch down esp when it restarts. (and it wastes battery shutting on and off). Just leave it alone...make sure wifi is turned off and let it be...it wont drain battery compared to shutting it on and off.

6. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Yep. Restart it and I bet that helps.

7. danimal99 macrumors regular

I get lags now as well. Sometimes I'll click something and it will take several seconds before it does what it was supposed to do. Settings now takes about 5 seconds to appear, Contacts takes about 8 seconds before it scrolls when I first run it. Apps Store is chunky sometimes. And just every now and then something just leaves me sitting there waiting before it decides to respond. I don't *think* it was doing this before 2.0.1, but I really can't remember for sure.

8. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

I get the non-responsive screen, the delete key deleting most of my text input and a general slowness to most things.

This has only happened since "upgrading" to 2.0 and 2.0.1 hasn't made a bit of difference either.

Personally, I think 2.0 is a poor software release and hope that Apple fix this in 2.1

9. Xavier macrumors 68020

I do as well, I have noticed a few slow downs, but for the most part, nothing to the extreme that you are experiencing.

Also, when I notice my screen to become 'unresponsive' it is because my fingers are greasy or there is a lot of gunk on the screen. I wipe it off, clean it up, and everything is back to normal.

Yesterday, I looked at my friends brand new 32gb iPod Touch, and every App he opened would crash immediately. I told him to update to 2.0.1, but it was odd that even Music would crash

10. BoabSmith macrumors newbie

I have noticed my touch being slow recently, I have only noticed it since 2.0.1 update.

11. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Nah, never happened to me.

and I don't mean "all the time"

Maybe once or twice a day.

and yes, I mean to hold the sleep button until it asks you to turn it off.