Yourtube os 4.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamesapp, Nov 25, 2010.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

Hello,
    I have yourtube officially purchased. And I have an iPhone 4.

I haven't installed yourtube because it says that it doesn't support os 4.0 or the iPhone 4, I think.

And yourtube 2, is a $1.00, upgrade. But when I click to purchase it, it says to install it. I click confirm but it won't install?

So I am wondering can I use yourtube with my iPhone 4 on os 4.1? Should I install yourtube 1st and then purchase yourtube 2?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Search for YourTube 2 on this forum. It's a crappy app that doesn't work on iOS 4 or iPhone 4's at all. The developer made some quick money for an app that doesn't work and then stopped answering any support emails about it not working.

Don't buy it.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B334b Safari/531.21.10)

Actually, yourtube needs one fix that keeps your downloads accessible in the YouTube app. Right now they disappear from the downloads list after a respring or reboot. But they are downloaded and on your phone an you can use iFile or another app to view them.

Dev just tweeter that an update is coming. First we've heard from him in a long time b

4. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Another issue is that if you try downloading anything that is in your favorites list and then try to play it, the YouTube app will keep crashing.

YourTube 1 was a great app and worked well but YourTube 2 has been terrible and the way the developer handled it really pissed off a lot of his customers.

I for one will never pay for anything he makes again.

5. sic2five, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010

sic2five macrumors member

Update coming? that' good news. I already uninstalled it though. Does anyone know why yourtube creates 2 files for every video? seems to waste space. It creates one in /var/mobile/media/downloads and also in /private/var/tmp. Mxtube doesn't do this.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its junk, dont bother giving him any money untill he actually fixes it and does whats its supposed to.
    The Dev sucks too.