Yourtube2 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Che Castro, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

Is it me or is this app garbage

I downloaded the new update and still has the same problems

When I try to play high quality videos I downloaded the app crashes

Is this app working like is suppose to for anybody?

2. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

And I just notice when I reboot the videos disappear

3. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not just you, it is garbage.
    It needs major work. It should never been released like that in the first place IMO.

5. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Sorry to say this but it was one of the 2 apps I ever pirated, both on cydia and app store. I really respect the hard work developers put in their apps, since I want to be a developer one day myself. But I had a feeling that this app was not worth the $5 that they ask for. So I installed a cracked version.

And I'm glad I didn't purchase it, this app doesnt do what it suppose to. You have to use iFile to access the files properly and 3 of my downloads always show no matter what I do to it. This seems to be a glitch in pointer or how the state of the app is saved, or something but its annoying and that app as mentioned by another poster should have never been released in the first place.

And for whose curious the second app I ever pirated was 3Gunrestrictor, why? because I was stupid enought to purchase My3G (because it was the first of the two to release facetime over 3G). And it sucked, never worked and no updates to fix the issue. So I wanted to test 3Gunrestrictor before committing to another purchase.

I know that many take piracy serious, and I do too (to a certain extent, will be more sensitive to it when I actually release an app and see it being pirated) but sometimes having that option can save you some money.

The logical step for jailbreak developers would be to find a way to offer trials like they use to on rock, that would really reduce piracy and allow people to test drive an app before committing. Also increasing the chance of a buyer committing. I notice that sometimes I choose not to bother taking my chances with an app because I don't want to waste my money. A trial would eliminate that issue.

Anyways YourTube 2 sucks :)
    AE

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im surprised that it hasnt been removed from the Cydia store yet. I was really excited to have it since the first version of yourtube worked great.
    But this dude has been selling this app that doesnt do what its supposed to and keeps collecting payments and still hasnt been functioning properly for almost 2 months now.
    I give it a few more weeks and will contact saurik and maybe do a chargeback thru paypal. Not cause I care about the $5 but if enough of us do something about it hopefully the cydia store submissions and paid packages will go thru some sort of approval process and not just sell something that dont work and hope for a future fix months later.
    Thats straight up BS IMO.

7. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

8. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I get the same problems. Especially the disappearing vids. I thought it was just being buggy on just me, being that the first Yourtube was pretty solid.

I'm not going to call it complete garbage though, cause it still does what it's supposed to do which is download vids and it downloads vids very well and fast.

Cause of the problems, I just press the arrow next to the vid I just downloaded and click the load to itunes button. And just watch my vids from itunes. Or you can just play vids from iFile, but guessing what is what with those garbled file names sucks.