Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjjr72984

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Is anybody else getting jaggies when playing YouTube vids in HD?

Here's an example of what I mean using NCAA 2012 gameplay vid someone posted. I posted this pic on another site and people were telling me this vid in 1080p looked fine on their end. So now I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my MBP. Please help someone! :mad:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-30 at 3.28.40 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-30 at 3.28.40 AM.png
    609.7 KB · Views: 144

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Here's the video >.>

That's just an interlacing issue. The issue being that it's interlaced and hasn't been de-interlaced :p Hence the combing. It's not a global thing, whoever encoded that video is a numpty for not processing it properly before uploading.

Nothing to worry about.

cjjr72984

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Here's the video >.>

That's just an interlacing issue. The issue being that it's interlaced and hasn't been de-interlaced :p Hence the combing. It's not a global thing, whoever encoded that video is a numpty for not processing it properly before uploading.

Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for posting the vid. I'm still a bit puzzled why others were saying it looked fine on their end. :confused:

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
Thanks for posting the vid. I'm still a bit puzzled why others were saying it looked fine on their end. :confused:

It does look fine when the video plays in flash. And this was not a source that should have originally been interlaced, so something else might be at work.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
It does look fine when the video plays in flash. And this was not a source that should have originally been interlaced, so something else might be at work.

Combing is just as apparent when viewing as HTML5 and Flash, for me anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.