Youtube 720P or greater videos

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tburk32, Apr 12, 2012.

1. tburk32 macrumors member

I have noticed that Youtube videos, where I select the 720P or greater quality, tend to lag where the sound is ahead of the picture. Is this something that other people have noticed and is due to a downfall of the macbook air? My speediest.net results seem to be pretty good as my Ping is 31 ms download is 18.62 Mbps and my upload is 4.17 Mbps so I find it hard to believe it has to do with my internet connection. I am using Safari as my browser and I have experienced other issues with Youtube in the past as far as going full screen but the picture remains the same size in full screen mode so maybe it is a Safari issue. It isn't that big of a deal but I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced similar issues or knew of a possible resolution.

Thanks in advance,

Travis

2. darkheroz, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

darkheroz macrumors member

re

There are a lot of such issues. 1st if u have ClicktoFlash or alternative plugin - TURN it OFF and try again.

3. tburk32 thread starter macrumors member

No sorry I wasn't able to find anything after a quick search but I guess I missed the threads discussing this. I don't have either of these plugins installed from what I can tell in Safari so I guess I'll do a little more research on these issues.

Thanks for the plugins suggestions though.

4. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

[​IMG]

Does this boost your ego when you say stuff like this? For the life of me I don't understand why people say these things.......if you have a solution...great...if not....keep it moving.

5. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

What MBA and CPU do you have?

It'd suggest trying to watch the video on youtube's HTML5 site. Also, try a different browser like Chrome. Another possibility is that the CPU is overstressed, in which case make sure the comp is on a cool hard surface (so as not to block the vent/s) and minimise the number of simultaneous processes being run (eg other programs, other youtube vids).