YouTube and other video sites are almost unbearable????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SurferMan, Jun 3, 2010.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

YouTube plays so choppy and take forever to load constantly buffering (same for other video sites) on my MacBook pro. Can't be our Internet as biz partners iMac does the same thing, while the pc's on the network load almost immedietly with no buffering. I really liked this mbp but the more and more I use it I find quirks that just annoy the heck out of me. I downloaded updated flash people talked about on here, and tried Chrome but still same thing. Can't be something wrong with the computer as the iMac is the same way.

2. Mirabella macrumors regular

Hmmm ... I just tried a Youtube video, with my MBP. It took a little while to load – videos are big files to load – but it played without any choppiness at all. This is pretty much the same as my experience with my 2006 MBP.

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I've had no problems with any YouTube videos...even those running at 720p and 1080p...my MBP plays them with no problem at all...

4. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

My mbp seems to buffer like every 5 seconds, my gf damn lil netbook loads YouTube and other vid sites basically imedietley. Partners new iMac does the same thing, tried office as well and same thing. But the pcs load sites like that perfectly on the same networks. My friggen iPhone on 3g loads a full vid faster. I searched and saw a ton of post on this on here with people having the same issues.

5. andrew086 macrumors regular

When you say your iMac does the same thing, do you mean it has to buffer every 5 seconds? because flash is very poorly optimized on the mac