Youtube and other videos not going full-screen in Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LucidPsychosis, Jul 10, 2010.

1. LucidPsychosis macrumors regular

Okay, so when I go to a site like Youtube or any other site that has a video embedded in it, I can't watch the video in full-screen mode. I can watch them in the normal mode, but every time I hit the full-screen button, I get the video stuck on the frame that was last showed but with the audio still running.

This is in Firefox. Videos work fine in Safari and Opera.

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

3. LucidPsychosis thread starter macrumors regular

4. mattpeters macrumors newbie

I've got the same issue on my Macbook Pro core i7 2010 model/Firefox 3.6
    The issue is caused in relation to the dynamic switching of graphics cards.

I solved the issue by downloading gfxCardStatus ( http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus/ ) which allows you to manually switch what graphics card your Macbook uses.

I found that forcing the Macbook Pro to use the Intel graphics card allowed Firefox to view youtube videos in full screen.

Although when I force it to use the Nvidia card the issue still remains, so obviously there is something is playing up when the Macbook dynamically switches gfx cards in order to display the videos in full screen.

Again this is solely a Firefox problem, there are no issues with Safari or Google Chrome for me.

5. KingPiva macrumors newbie

Try using Safari 4, I find it a lot better =)