Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dino26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Glasgow , Scotland
Hi

In the ipad the youtube app is it exact same as touch or can you now log into a YT account from there or click to see more videos from a certain user .

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Hi

In the ipad the youtube app is it exact same as touch or can you now log into a YT account from there or click to see more videos from a certain user .

yes you can log in on the ipad just like you can on the iphone/ipod touch. you can see as many subscriptions as you like.

dino26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Glasgow , Scotland
yes you can log in on the ipad just like you can on the iphone/ipod touch. you can see as many subscriptions as you like.

Infact im sorry ive been living in the past i havent got the 3.0 update for my itouch , I know i can login on safari but i was just wondering about the actual app itself but now you say that ...COOL

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Infact im sorry ive been living in the past i havent got the 3.0 update for my itouch , I know i can login on safari but i was just wondering about the actual app itself but now you say that ...COOL

the app is much better on the ipad compared to the iphone. oh yeah i think being able to sign in to youtube app was added with 3.0 i forgot sorry.

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
The Youtube subscriptions in the iPad app don't show Favorites from your subscriptions...or at least I haven't found a way to get them to show up. They show up on the website version though. Anyone know what I am talking about?

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That's strange, you can view favourites on the iPhone, I don't yet have an iPad so I can't check.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
pooryou said:
The Youtube subscriptions in the iPad app don't show Favorites from your subscriptions...or at least I haven't found a way to get them to show up. They show up on the website version though. Anyone know what I am talking about?

There is a favorites tab right on the bottom of the YouTube App, I use it everyday.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
pooryou said:
I think you missed part of my post; I want to see favorites from my subscriptions. I know I can see my own favorites.

Ah ok. No you can't sadly.

You can see their Favs by clicking on Desktop at the bottom of the YouTube site in Safari and also by identifying your browser in Atomic web browser as a desktop version.

Mitch1984

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Telford

You can log in on the app too not just safari.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
it's a billion times better. in fact, i comment more on youtube ipad than i do the youtube on my computer.

the way they set up youtube, in landscape mode, you have the video in the upper left hand corner, and on the right is a column for comments. I like reading all the ridiculous comments. and adding a comment is very quick and simple.

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
It's a bit more limited than the website version. You can't see all your subscriptions and you have to wait longer for new videos because of processing. Both are also problems with the iPhone version of YouTube app. Other than that, it looks great and from the looks of it, it automatically loads the HD version, if it's available. If they fixed those 2 problems, this app would be better than the website version, IMO.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
I've found the Youtube app on the iPhone to be unusable... it's always stopping to load videos and the video locks up when trying to scrub through a video... even on Wi-Fi.

The iPad App is much better.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Is the searching better? Using the YouTube app on iPhone always gave a small fraction of the results the same search got on the full site.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Is the searching better? Using the YouTube app on iPhone always gave a small fraction of the results the same search got on the full site.

That's because movies that are flagged with copyright content are sometimes allowed on the website but not on the mobile app. This is stupid because many videos with copyright songs give you a link to buy on iTunes and the iTunes app is built into the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.