Youtube app is not working on my 4s :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by opaly, Oct 19, 2011.

1. opaly macrumors newbie

This is my first iPhone, so I'm not sure if this is normal. The youtube app is continuously buffering----over wifi AND 3G! What in the world? My previous two phones were android and youtube worked flawlessly. Is this is a common issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Naomi

2. toondw macrumors 6502

I find if you use the native app it uses the hd quality download and is slower, if you use youtube via the web page its a quicker download because you can choose the sd download.

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Copy and paste this url into your safari browser on your IPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/mobile

It will prompt you to save the bookmark to your homescreen and you can access it like an app from there :) It's much faster than the Apple Youtube app although videos are not displayed in full hd.

4. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Using the web page sounds weird since you already have the app, android app for YouTube is more advanced and for some reason buffers faster , I got no idea why the iPhone app buffers so slow in HD. But I guess using the browser will save you time , btw I use it on wifi and after 5 secs it plays and same for 3g(sometimes even less) but I know what you mean about the android app

5. opaly thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ijohnbro macrumors regular

Need a real phone to push those videos. Android

7. leitmotif macrumors regular

I'm having this same problem over wifi and 3G. I will try the browser tip. Thanks.