Youtube App. needs an upgrade!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maiden16tiger, Aug 24, 2008.

1. maiden16tiger macrumors member

Seriously, its good for watching videos, but what about us that want to be able to comment and rate and etc... and of course , be able to log on to your own account to see your messages, friend invites and etc... they should really make it a all do app, not just watch videos app.

anyone has this concern?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I agree, however I believe that as a temp solution that can be done from the regular youtube site (rating, comments, inbox).

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

No real concern here - as far as I see it - it's in GOogle's interest to make using their products as good as possible through a phone. And they're working on that - and Android will help that. Hopefully there will be spill over of those benefits to non-Android phones, in terms of features being added that we iPhone users can access.

4. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

I totally agree that the YouTube app could use improvements, not that I do not appreciate being able to use what is available now.

My main recommendation is to be able to change the priority of searches. The YouTube website allows you to search by relevance, date, view count, etc.

I was seartching for a video of the taekowndo guy at the olympcs kking the umpire, and it required of tweeking with search words, whereas on the computer I just had to search taekowndo by date.

5. vega07 macrumors 65816

6. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

It may have been because of your poor spelling.

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

*snort*

I'd like a slightly better app, but I'm happy enough with it as is.

8. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

I agree with this, the YouTube app needs access to the YouTube accounts as well as comments. As far as spelling, well they need to add a spellchecker as well.

9. odp1979 macrumors member

odp1979

I actually never use the YouTube app. I wish there was something else instead of YouTube.

10. sonictonic macrumors 6502a