Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Yes!!! I did a quick search when I first started to experience it, but found no relevant hits online. Even now, yours is it for this particular problem. I hope it's a bug that can be fixed with a reinstall or update. I fear that it's Google test driving a new behavior on an account basis. tvOS is so locked down, and there is so little room for variation in hardware and software configuations on this platform, that I'm surprised more folks aren't experiencing this.

I plan to delete the app and reinstall this weekend in the hopes that it helps. I'll post here if it does.

UPDATE: @spencecb, I'm very pleased to report that uninstalling YouTube, restarting the ATV, and reinstalling YouTube fixed the problem for me! I hope it does for you as well.
Good to hear! I had company in town for the last week, so I sort of forgot about this as we weren't watching any TV. I definitely will be trying this tonight!

mcarland

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I’ve seen the same as OP. Does not matter how long the ads are, even the 30 minute ones, there is no skip option. Been searching for info for weeks, this is the first info I’ve found. Hopefully reinstall will work as others report.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I’ve seen the same as OP. Does not matter how long the ads are, even the 30 minute ones, there is no skip option. Been searching for info for weeks, this is the first info I’ve found. Hopefully reinstall will work as others report.
It worked for me. Delete the app, re-install, and log back in, and I've had no problems since then. Hopefully it works for you, too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.