YouTube App on iPhone......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dino F, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Something that I have always noticed on my iPhone 4 is that when using the default native YouTube app, sometimes, videos take a while to load the first few seconds of the video before they actually start playing (by this I mean, the timeline bar has to start filling in white before the video actually starts to play).

However, if I go to m.youtube.com (which pretty much gives me the same features) and watch the same video, the video starts playing pretty much straight away. :confused:

I guess I'm saying, what are the differences between the 2 versions because in my experience - m.youtube.com seems to play and work a lot faster that the the native YouTube app.......?!

2. Macgeeza macrumors regular

Yeah I agree, the m.YouTube.com is def faster. Sometimes when I am using the iPhone YouTube app the video will freeze and I only get to see half a video.
    Wish there was a way to make the m.YouTube.com the default YouTube player on iPhone, so when you click a link it takes you to the m.YouTube.com. Also with the iPhone YouTube app you can't search for new videos on a specific subject?, this is strange??

3. Macgeeza macrumors regular

Cool just found how to turn off the YouTube app. Settings, restrictions, then just switch off the YouTube app. Easy!!.
    Now when I click a link it uses the faster mobile version, now just create a link button on my home screen, Nice!!