Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

singjai

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
I'm not sure when this began because it's been happening for so long. Everytime i use the youtube app, the videos play perfectly fine. Until i try to skip to a different part of the video. It then stops and buffers forever forcing me to close the video. If it actually skips, the bideo quality becomes extremely blurry. The ipad is the 4th gen and wifi connection is perfect.

I tried this on another ipad which is a 3rd gen with ios 7 and it seems to be working perfectly fine and skims a video without any problems at all. Since ios8 has been out for so long, wouldnt they have a fix already? It's so frustrating everytime i try and use youtube.

I tried reinstalling the app multiple times already as well

Last edited:

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
I'm not sure when this began because it's been happening for so long. Everytime i use the youtube app, the videos play perfectly fine. Until i try to skip to a different part of the video. It then stops and buffers forever forcing me to close the video. If it actually skips, the bideo quality becomes extremely blurry. The ipad is the 4th gen and wifi connection is perfect.

I tried this on another ipad which is a 3rd gen with ios 7 and it seems to be working perfectly fine and skims a video without any problems at all. Since ios8 has been out for so long, wouldnt they have a fix already? It's so frustrating everytime i try and use youtube.

I tried reinstalling the app multiple times already as well

YouTube app is awful. It lags when switching from portrait to landscape and sometimes fails to load videos. They need to fix it.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I have this problem a lot. The bar shows the video is buffering but it never plays when scrubbing to different parts.

FIX IT GOOGLE! I know money can't possibly be an issue. Come on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.