youtube app stopped working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdaniel, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

So i dont know what I did but... youtube app closes as soon as I try to open it.. any ideas?

2. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

forgot to mention I am using iphone4. 4.2.1

I recently used PKGBackup® to backup the following 39 apps of my iPhone: AdBlocker Cracked,aDownloader,AppQuit Activator Actions,AttachmentSaver Cracked,Auto3G,Auto3G SBSettings Toggle,Autocorrection SBSettings,Backgrounder,Base Structure,BossPrefs,cy+cpu.arm,cy+kernel.darwin,cy+model.iphone,cy+os.ios,Cydia Community Sources,Cyntact Cracked,Dev-Team,diskdev-cmds,dMap,Fast Copy,firmware,gps-sms,GroupSend,iBlacklist Cracked,iFile Cracked,Installous 4,iPhone Firmware (/sbin),libxml2 Library,Lockdown Pro,PkgBackup Cracked,PrivaCy,QuickReply for SMS,Recent/CallLog Delete Cracked,Safari Download Manager Cracked,Safari Tab Closer,SBOrganizer,SMSTool,Synchronicity Cracked,YourTube 2 Cracked.

3. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

is your iphone unlocked? you're missing crucial information.

4. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

what has unlocked got to do with anything LOL but yes its factory unlocked...

:)

5. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

ok so I am trying to restore to 4.2.1 option click on a downloaded software but the bloody thing is sorta stuck at a bit past 1/2 way on the phone and on itunes it shows restoring iphone software and the bar shows its just about done but stuck there its been doing this more than an hour...and I have tried to stop the process and do it again but same thing making no progress.

6. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

nvm i managed to edit some host file and got it to work but everything works except youtube... I know it was ok before I loaded back all my apps, I use pkgbackup... I have deleted some to no effect but i have sooo many to delete and re-add one by one.. any ideas or clues? I tried OTA wifi sync.. even pkg backup itself no effect still opens and closes right away.

7. nednarm macrumors 6502

I don't know, but it's probably for the best. The built in youtube.app is trash. Go to settings>general>restrictions and select youtube to off.

Now every time you click a youtube link it will open in safari instead of the native app. It's so much better.

8. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

really eh? it just bothers me that something i downloaded is causing me problems.. who knows what it might mess with later on..or i havent noticed but i took note i am not gonna restore from package this time and just try n reinstall one by one if i can remb

9. -MRB macrumors 6502

Have you tried clearing cookies/cache from safari?

10. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

if i am installing from scratch why would there be cookies LOL... but anyways i am cautiously installing my jailbreak/cracked apps one by one and check youtube app right after so far so good. i am avoiding the ones that involved wifi and 3g and such.

11. Stormspeed macrumors member

Uninstall Yourtube 2 cracked, should work after that.

12. hidefguy macrumors 6502

+1

Uninstall Yourtube.

13. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

see I thought it was that but no... i have tried that... tried OTA wifi sync auto 3g.... so far i have been putting them back one by one.... yourtube2....installed fine.. auto 3g fine.. only thing i havent installed I think is wifi sync... but i cannot be sure i had alot of stuff loaded.. but

basically I restored the phone... after much difficulty...had to edit the hosts file.. as final resort/discovery. I deleted itunes first and also tried tinyumbrella and some other program but it was stuck in recovery modem.... Nothing worked till after I edited the host files with the # thingy.

And after restoring all from back up AND also restoring cydia and cracked apps from pkgbackup... youtube app stopped working again.. so i know it was something in there that didnt work...

so i had redo it again.. this time I hav wifisync and pkgbackup left out... I dont wanna even try one of those in case it might be it.. and who knows maybe unintalling it wont fix it because of some permanent software error it has created and i have to do this all over again..

so if anyone has discovered exactly what it is....let me know...coz its not yourtube i have it now and its fine atm anyways

THANKS !!!! for all the responses..l