Youtube audio still playing

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Serban, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Serban Suspended

Youtube audio still playing in safari if i watch a video and then i click on the youtube logo top left corner and send me to youtube home page but the audio is still playing

2. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

Are you using Flash and if so, Flash 13? I have also had this issue a couple of times since updating to the latest flash. Killing the YouTube tab seems to kill it.

3. alxn91 macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

I also have that happen, but with the ClickToFlash plugin and the HTML5 playback. A simple reload of the website helps me.

Though I use that feature to my advantage, as I can open new videos in the same tab without needing to load them again, and I can just browse the comments, in order to find the bastards among them. Probably because I am one of them. :eek:

5. Bl!zz macrumors newbie

I've had this happen mostly when using plugins such as ClickToFlash (long ago) or (the HTML5 player) Youtube5. Reloading or closing the page kills the video stream. Maybe it's a Flash issue, I wouldn't know :)

6. NP Hard macrumors newbie

Yep, same here on two different machines. Running 10.9.2 on one, and 10.8.5 on the other with Chrome 34.0.1847.116 and once I updated Flash this started happening. Very annoying.

7. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You didn't follow the tech news. According to this Adobe Community: ATTENTION MAC CUSTOMERS warning about the latest Flash version.

8. NP Hard macrumors newbie

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that software should work given 99.9% of the time there is no problem when updating. :rolleyes:

9. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

10. OsideRida06 macrumors member

Is this a new feature on youtube? I noticed this too. If you are watching a video and then click off of it to the main page, it continues to play in a little box on the bottom right hand side. Can you confirm if this is down there when you are hearing the sound?