Youtube audio still playing

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Youtube audio still playing in safari if i watch a video and then i click on the youtube logo top left corner and send me to youtube home page but the audio is still playing

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
Tonbridge, UK
Are you using Flash and if so, Flash 13? I have also had this issue a couple of times since updating to the latest flash. Killing the YouTube tab seems to kill it.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I also have that happen, but with the ClickToFlash plugin and the HTML5 playback. A simple reload of the website helps me.

Though I use that feature to my advantage, as I can open new videos in the same tab without needing to load them again, and I can just browse the comments, in order to find the bastards among them. Probably because I am one of them. :eek:

Bl!zz

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2014
The Netherlands
I've had this happen mostly when using plugins such as ClickToFlash (long ago) or (the HTML5 player) Youtube5. Reloading or closing the page kills the video stream. Maybe it's a Flash issue, I wouldn't know :)

OsideRida06

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
Is this a new feature on youtube? I noticed this too. If you are watching a video and then click off of it to the main page, it continues to play in a little box on the bottom right hand side. Can you confirm if this is down there when you are hearing the sound?