YouTube comment on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macgeeza, May 10, 2011.

1. Macgeeza macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm trying to reply to a YouTube comment, using my iPhone but it won't let me. I am using the m.YouTube version.

Why isn't it working?, how can I fix it?.

Help!!, thanks

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Close down the apps in the tray, go to settings>>safari clear the cache etc and make sure javascript is on then try again!!

3. elan123 macrumors 6502

what is it doing when you try to comment?

4. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

I type my reply to the comment and then click the 'post' reply button but nothing happens

5. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Cleared History, Cookies, Cache. But it still not posting my comment, it just deleted all my stored passwords, so now I have to log into all my accounts again

What's wrong with it?
    Oh one more thing, when I click the link to the comments page from the email it takes me to the non mobile YouTube comments page

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Hmm usually when i have this problem on the youtube app this solves it.
    I sometimes get missing icons on the m.youtube app but it restores it after i clear cache, history etc.

You can try deleting it and downloading it again.

My apologies i should have warned you about your passwords being wiped!

7. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

No no, there is no need for apology, I am grateful that you are trying to help me.
    There is also something else that is happening now since I reset the cache etc. When I go to www.twitter.com in safari it will now only open the mobile version of the web site whereas before I could view the desktop version of it.

Do you know how I can change the setting back to the desktop version?.
    I don't see any option to do this on the web site.

8. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

I restored phone from the backup on my mac when I got home and I can now see the twitter.com in the full desktop version, lucky!:) .
    Still don't know why that happened when i cleared cache etc :confused:

9. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is there a option to view the web version of Twitter in desktop view?

10. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like twitter have changed something because now the iphone safari only seems to open in the mobile version. before i could see twitter in full web version, but now can't.
    Think Skyfire web browser on iphone can still show the full web version of twitter, looks like I will be using that.

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

You can always download this web browser from the app store :D

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mercury-web-browser-pro-the/id348701575?mt=8

There is an option to make the browser in this app spoof websites into thinking your phone is actually a desktop computer, so it will display full websites instead of mobile versions if you select the "identify browser as" option!

Atomic web browser is the best one but it appears to be gone from the app store, well the paid version anyway with the full features.

12. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, thanks

13. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Still no luck with this then?
    Someone has gotta know how to reply on YouTube

How do you reply to a YouTube comment on your iPhone??

14. ICON5o2, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011

ICON5o2 macrumors regular

ICON5o2

I either use the YouTube app that came on the iPhone or go to the non mobile version of YouTube. If you decide to use the non mobile version it helps if you turn your iPhone into landscape mode so the que bar isnt in your way.

Heres a couple pics.

Attached Files:

15. CZroe macrumors newbie

Op wants to REPLY. Those methods are for creating an initial comment. Reply has been sorely missing all along.

16. darkgoob macrumors 6502

Any resolution to this? I'm really getting tired of this feature missing. It's a major oversight... it has never, ever worked on YouTube app, Safari, Perfect Browser, Skyfire, or Mercury browset. What gives?

17. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I even tried to reply using skyfire and it has the same problem, so still can't reply, I was hoping that the new mobile version of YouTube would have sorted this reply problem out but still not working either

It's stupid, I have to wait til I get home everyday, switch the computer on just to reply to a YouTube comment :-( Rubbish :(

18. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know if android has this problem or is it just specific to the iPhone and iOS?

Was thinking about getting an iPad, but now I'm not sure. If there is problems like this with the iPhone, then is this problem on the iPad as well because it's the same iOS?

19. Macgeeza thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone know if there is a YouTube replies app or something like that?, perhaps that could sort it?

----------

Surely, if this works on android and not ios then the problem must be with ios and not YouTube?

20. SamiraCaninania macrumors newbie

Heya,

This should work for you.. I will make it easy and put it in easy steps..

1) go to safari on your iphone
    2) on google type in youtube mobile
    3) log in(if not already logged in)
    4) go to your inbox and click on the message that you want to reply to.. You should also see a video next to it.. Click on the video
    5) Its going to start playing but just stop it and scroll down
    6) click on the text you want to reply untill it becomes gray then let go and a reply button will apear and you can reply like that

I hope this was clear for you.. It does work.. And all the best of luck!

Hajar A

21. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

You guys please care to check the date before replying !! This is a two year old thread to which you have replied :confused: