YouTube comment section acting weird on iPad. Frozen can't scroll.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by patent10021, Nov 12, 2013.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

YouTube comment section acting weird on iPad. Frozen can't scroll. I can start the scrolling but once I let go to scroll down more the comments section/page gets stuck. Video still plays fine. No issues on iPhone.

2. thegreati macrumors regular

3. patent10021, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Safari

Click the down arrow to open the comments and the first scroll is fine but when I let go and touch again to scroll more the whole white comments section freezes. I can still click the down arrows to close and open comments but it just freezes again. When I try to scroll, the entire browser window moves with my gesture. The video is fine, it's independent.

EDIT: Similar problem but different.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2Qybnmvi4&desktop_uri=/watch?v=EG2Qybnmvi4

And I just noticed that it's even worse with Chrome. So there's something wrong with iOS itself and YouTube or Google is handicapping iOS.

4. blubarb, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

blubarb macrumors newbie

Exact same issue, been like this since I updated to IOS 7.

This is a work around until it's fixed - that is, if they know or care.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGjOSDD8Nq0&app=m

Not a great solution as many vids refuse to play on the iPad device, but you can add and read comments at least.

Apple or youtube (whoever) need to fix this quick or it's off to find another video hang out for me.

I should mention that to get back to mobile, scroll right down to the bottom (last possible line) and select mobile version.