youtube destroys my mac!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salacious, Apr 2, 2012.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

so i have a mbp 13" 2011 early i5, 8gb ram 320gb HDD

i can edit videos, make music edit raw photos and a whole bunch of other stuff i can even run sky rim on medium settings with acceptable play rate

now on the other hand when i go to youtube, or play it on any settings my computer acts like a shark thats taken a ton of coke and left in the middle of the desert...

what the hell, why does youtube do this? how do i get around this?

i need youtube for my business start up and for my mac not even to go onto its page without being a spaz is detrimental to my income life and convienience

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

First, make sure your flash is updated, and try Chrome or someother browser if you haven't already. If no avail, then complain to Adobe for having such useless programmers and making no effort to contain the monstrous memory leaks and unnecessary resource hogging that Flash throws upon you.

Regarding skyrim having "acceptable play rate" on medium settings...what exactly is acceptable? I am amazed that you've managed that, depending on the FPS you deem acceptable. :eek:

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

nice one, i was actually on the html 5 trial which is what was causing the Hiroshima effect, iv managed to play a video for once without it slowing down the whole universe

5. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Yep, I had the same problem until I disabled the html 5 trial.

6. njean777 macrumors 6502

Flash is garbage on mac, but you get use to it in the long run.

7. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Very strange. Install the latest version of Safari and Flash. Up to date Safari with up to date Flash is smoother than anything on Windows.

8. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

it was the html 5 trial that i was automatically confirmed into without my approval, it is actually fine now, i wonder at what point they did this because i can remember youtube being fine so they must have done something without me knowing..

9. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

I'm amazed at how horrible google's HTML 5 player is. The entire web has beautiful HTML 5 playback, but YouTube's HTML 5 is worse than flash playback.

10. danwayfilms macrumors member

I had this issue with HTML 5 as well. I hope they get their S^$t together because if they go to HTML 5 and no flash then it better not be this bad.

11. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Hmm.

I've been having massive issues with youtube on safari over the last couple of weeks, since an update (i think maybe 5.1.4). Not sure if 5.1.5 fixed it or not (i just started using something else, it was that bad).

12. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I like how the complaint is that it affects his "business startup". Professional Skyrim player? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I find the wild hyperbolizing more entertaining, but also wonder about needing youtube for a start-up and how Skyrim playability effects professionalism in the long run. Negatively?

14. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

YouTube destroys my Mac, and sucks on my iPhone.