Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drummyralf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
I've had this issue before, and it's kind of unpredictable. Youtube sometimes doesn't load right, along with other flash-based (or maybe java?) sites.

Here's how it looks: http://i55.tinypic.com/2dk0o5y.png

Like I said, I had this before. I just reinstalled OS X Leopard and everything worked fine, until I started updating with the software updater. Maybe the latest java update broke everything?

This appears in both Safari and Firefox, so it can't be a browser problem.
What I've tried so far:

-Repairing disk permissions
-uninstalling and reinstalling flash
-uninstalling Firefox
-Rebooting computer
-Rebooting Safari/Firefox

Is there anything else I could try? Sometimes it seems to work correctly. When I boot Windows with Bootcamp, youtube works fine, so it's not a youtube problem either.

I'm using a mac mini 1.86 ghz dual core with 1 GB ram, mac OS X 10.5.8

I tried the searchfunction, but didn't really found anything. Sorry if it happens to be answered already.

cceino

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2011
Same here

Same problem here. I think its an OSX issue related to a 3rd party app. In my case, the last thing i remember i did, was installing the divx web player. But now i uninstalled it but the problem remains. Its only youtube and not other flash pages. Now, when i enter to iweb to edit my own web page i also cant see the videos linked to from youtube. More ideas?

Drummyralf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
This morning, I left the computer for half an hour, came back and tried youtube, and it loaded correctly.

After about 15 minutes, it stopped working again, and didn't load youtube correctly anymore.

Now it works fine again. Annoying!

Maybe it's an internet connection issue? I know I don't have fast internet, but why would that make a problem on a mac, when it isn't a problem when using windows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.