Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millk18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
I tried using YouTube in my classes. Too much time staring at my students whilst the video loaded or paused out due to connection issues. As a result, I began downloading these YouTube videos for class using Firefox using the appropriate extension.

I have switched to Safari but find I can't download YouTube videos. Where can I find such an extension to allow this using Safari?

Anybody?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I use SaveFrom.net. Supports more than just YouTube and they have an extension called SaveFrom.net Helper that you can download and install.

jnamgung21

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2015
I tried using YouTube in my classes. Too much time staring at my students whilst the video loaded or paused out due to connection issues. As a result, I began downloading these YouTube videos for class using Firefox using the appropriate extension.

I have switched to Safari but find I can't download YouTube videos. Where can I find such an extension to allow this using Safari?

Anybody?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.