Youtube download nightmare!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mili-Mac, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Mili-Mac macrumors newbie

:eek:

OMG!

I have downloaded every freeware that saves youtubes and every single one of them will not work?
    Is this Youtube wising up and changing its system so people cannot take intellectual property or is this some setting on my mac stopping every single one from working?
    They used to work just fine until a few weeks ago, I thought it was just 'fastest free youtube downloader' with the error, but after d/l almost every single freeware available to mac and finding that not one of them works something is definitely up.
    Can anyone shed some light on this topic because I really need to make a compilation DVD as a gift for someone... and its bugging me that I cant:confused:

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Which version of Safari? 5.1 broke CosmoPod for example.

3. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I generally like to use chrome. But do use safari, and firefox and normally simultaneously. For eg. I will use my chrome for research and study for my uni, Firefox for shopping and safari for mac based stuff or searching incidentals. Or any of the mentioned browsers in various differing ways - but normally I have them all busy doing something for me.
    But to answer your question its Version 5.0.5 (6533.21.1) lol:D

4. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

this is also available for mac..found this vid quickly, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Duuv_Up1ls

5. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm we shall see..... I will let you know if its like the others and failing.
    Im not sure if this one converts?

6. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

You are attempting piracy here, so I'm not going to help you.

7. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

It should rip it for you..either into whatever format you'd like or at least with the option to convert afterwards.

8. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

Only if it's copyrighted material. Way to let everyone know that you're taking the moral high ground though. You should feel good about your superiority now.

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

YouTube changes it every month or two. Plugin makers have to update their software.

10. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

You can do this straight from Safari. No need for more software or plug-ins.

11. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I tried that but i couldnt seem to get it happening for me.
    I watched a clip on how to do it but I couldnt do it.

However the MPEGstreamclip did the job just fine
    Many thanks to all that assisted

12. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

don't you love it when people make assumptions with no evidence to back that up - they end up with egg on their face!!!!

For your information I am downloading religious cartoons for my daughter - that do no violate copyright - in fact the authors invite us to download them!

If you did not want to help based on your assumtion why even reply to the thread? you must have a looooot of time on your hand to plot and plan on how to make yourself look like a hero!

GOOD ON YOU! DO YOU FEEL GREAT? WOOOOOOHOOOO YOUR SOOOOO MORAL AND GOOOOD!!!! everyone give this guy a big round of applause for being such a good person!

LOL

Thank you anyway for your imput!:p

13. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried at least seven last night I cant exactly remember if that one was included but i remember trying all the popular ones and the ones that are in the top 5 downloader apps.

14. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Try updating them. I just did and youtube works fine.

Attached Files:

15. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

No worries..

Glad to hear it.

16. fhaddad macrumors newbie

You Don't need a software

You can just open any youtube video in Safari then from the windows drop-down menu chose activity then you will see a new small window with many files. One of the files will be usually the largest in size, click on it and it will download the youtube video automatically to your download folder

17. gtr053 macrumors member

If he/she is the hero and you are against him/her, doesn't that make you the bad guy?

18. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Possibly in their own little world inside their head.:rolleyes: He/she can be captain copyright if they so wish. But in reality if they would not like to help based on their own presumed thought of me being a copyright villain :cool:then why reply on the thread? If they had such strong feelings to keep the world safe from copyright infringement he/she should have;
    a) sought clarification and asked what was the nature of my downloads or the reason I would seek help in obtaining a program that has the propensity to download illegally.
    b) not made any assumption and bypassed the thread to comment on something else positively.

Its all quite amusing to me really.
    They should go fight copyright infringement in china if they have that much time on their hands and are so passionate about it. llloooooll:D

19. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

you know what...I will try this again. I did try it off a video and still couldn't do It. Maybe because some of the clips I was downloading were really short. Like a kids counting to 10 songs it was hard for me to find the exact file. I will try again with a larger file because Im not too sure if these plugg-in apps are going to last before becoming obsolete.

Thanks for the tip. I will persist!

20. gtr053 macrumors member

Have tried the DownloadHelper extension for Firefox. It was just updated a few days ago and is now compatible up to FF 6 I do believe. It's always worked fine for me, regardless of youtube updates.

21. Aragornii macrumors 6502

The easiest way to do this is run click-to-flash. With that extension running, you can right click on any youtube video and you will get an option to download it.

22. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Highly recommend this method. And you also get an awesome extension that will speed up your browser.