YouTube downloader app!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gangst, Jun 10, 2009.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Just wondered is there a way to download YouTube videos on my iPhone via a native app? I know I can do it on my Mac but it would be good to do it on the go...

Thanks for any help!

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

There is a jailbreak app called MxTube that can do it, but nothing in the App Store.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I thought one of the developers on here made such an app, and it was flat out rejected (not a surprise!).

4. steve10172 macrumors regular

5. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

mxTube became myVideos when it was finally accepted into the appstore. Apple has rejected their last update, and won't accept anymore from them till they remove it's ability to download YouTube. Violation of TOS and in some cases a copyright infringement. Disappointing, but it still works for the moment.

6. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks!

MyVideos appears to work well, pretty nice app. Shame it doesn't have the ability to move videos to the iPod library, that is what I was hoping for.

Really convenient as a lot of dance mixes don't get released for ages, but make it to YouTube, so better to have a version off YouTube even if the quality isn't brilliant...better than nothing.

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

It will snow in hell before that happens. :cool: