Youtube downloader not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeandrodaFL, Sep 14, 2012.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Has any one experienced anything of the kind? Try downloading any vid. This morning was fine, but now its not working. I tried:

Firefox with download helper on 2 diferent Macs
    Firefox with download helper on Linux
    Chrome with youtube downloader on Mac

Not even Googles own downloader is working for youtube. Has something happened?

2. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

clipGrab worked, but why all the extensions stoped working? The extensions are still working for other sites like vimeo and facebook, but not youtube.

3. simsaladimbamba

Maybe YouTube stopped them from working somehow? I don't use those extensions, thus I cannot test them, though I could install them, but then again, it is late, or early, I forgot...

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I think YouTube made some changes in the last couple days that broke many extensions. The YouTube5 and ClicktoFlash extensions no longer work to force YouTube to play in HTML5.

I ended up just going http://www.youtube.com/html5 and rejoining the HTML5 trial and that seems to be working.... and much better than it did last time I tried it.

5. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

I have been in the html5 trial for quite some time and the extensions worked fine for weeks. They stoped working yesterday morning, 11/14

6. stu3ufc, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

stu3ufc macrumors member

I logged in to make the same thread

Download helper firefox and Speed Downloader App on the mac are not downloading videos.

Download helper firefox for Windows 7 is not working either.

---

I used my brothers PC Laptop and have been able to download videos via keepvid.com in chrome

I don't understand why it's not working. I have recently updated my Flash to the current version for MAC.

Maybe Youtube is changing stuff but I just thought to let you guys know. Thanks

--

to the person above clip grab is amazing! and it is also downloading videos! I needed something better than speed downloader and this is it thanks

7. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Another one to try is offliberty. Just copy and paste the YouTube link.

8. softwareguy256 macrumors regular

Broken for me too. This is messed up.

9. hakuin macrumors regular

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.verticalforest.com/youtube5-extension/

There is a 2.4.1 version update out for the YouTube5 extension that now works.

11. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

download helper is now updated and works (best Firefox extension)

Im keeping clipGrab in my apps just in case too

12. tdiaz macrumors 6502

The one that I have in Chrome has started working again. Not sure why, or how since they kicked it off the extension store, whatever it's called. Have to figure it found an update to itself somehow.