YouTube downloader?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by radiologyman, Dec 12, 2015.

1. radiologyman macrumors 6502

Hello, I am looking for an app that lets you download youtube videos for offline viewing. I had one that is gone from App Store. Any recommendations?

2. eiprol macrumors regular

eiprol

I'm not sure if it's still possible; I have a web browser App on the AppStore, Video Explorer, which also allowed to download any kind of video... Until Apple forced me to remove the download feature, and now it's only a video player with chromecast support. I'm afraid they are removing these kind of apps of the store...

3. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

For the iPad? Not anything that I am aware of. But for the Mac/PC, there is a free program called 4K Video Downloader. It's incredible and really easy to use. It also works for Vimeo and Dailymotion.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I managed to do this the other day by going to KeepVid.com in Safari, then copying the resulting link into GoodReader.

5. radiologyman, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

radiologyman thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, for Ipad. And its for my sis who lives in Europe. It's possible to download it to a PC than transfer to Ipad but it may be to complicated for her

6. fricotin, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015

fricotin macrumors regular

I use Video D/L Lite and Free Video, both work fine but I am not sure they are still available.

7. biosci macrumors 6502a

Thanks Musicpenguy! I'm always looking for new workflows! Where did you find that one above or did you create it? It did a great job of pulling a video and then letting me post it to my iCloud Drive as videoplayback.mov file.

8. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

9. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

Can someone explain how this workspace app works in getting YouTube video? I'm super virgin to Apple and its apps.

10. biosci macrumors 6502a

Also, just noticed that it may not work with all videos.. It is a start though! I guess it's kinda dependent on YouTube but it looks like people are always trying to adapt the workflow for it to work.

11. biosci macrumors 6502a

Workflow app. It's running scripts to automate tasks. Checkout their website workflow.is I think.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

13. Beavix, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

It only saves the audio. There are others for saving videos from YouTube. I think this one works (some other I tried are broken).

14. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

I mainly use it for audio, but I adjusted it before sharing to do a pass through of the video - easy to hot swap that ability as needed