YouTube Downloading

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Reddkryten, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Reddkryten macrumors 6502

Hi there.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to download YouTube videos on an iPad.*

I've been using an app called MiTube for a long time now, I've found it to be very useful, when I need to watch a clip for a meeting but know I won't be near wifi,or even when I just want to avoid buffering.*The app was pulled from the app store, so it is no longer being updated. It seems a week ago, YouTube changed things a little, rendering the app useless.*

I know I can jailbreak my iPad and install MxTube or something, but I really don't want to jailbreak. Is there any way to do this with apps in the app store?

I use an app called Filer to save and organise files, the help file for it hints at the ability to download YouTube videos, it mentions that it can't do it, however there are ways (bookmarklets etc) to get a download link. Theoretically once I get a download link I can download away.

I tried a few services which give YouTube download links, but the ones I found need java, so I can't use them on my iPad.

So does anyone have any idea, either apps which can save the videos or something which can generate a download link on my iPad?

Thanks in advance, all the best.

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Doubt this is something apple would approve of in the app store. I always used YourTube HD in cydia, it costs $4.99 but it works great.

3. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Hands down look at allmytube if using the Mac. Its 23 bucks, but places a download button on every video source online. When clicking the download key video downloads to folder on computer in allmytube library. From there you choose which format to place final version in.

The app does EVERYTHING for you. You will thank me later!! Worth every penny

Wont do it on Ipad but on mac computer