Youtube: Edge vs Wifi - I cant be the first person to actually discover this...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VoodooDaddy, Sep 13, 2007.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Ive done a search for this but have not seen this mentioned anywhere. I havent been able to tell if this applies to all videos or just certain ones. Certain videos Ive come across play at a different aspect ratio and quality relative to how you are connected.

Just an example, watch this clip (30 seconds long) on wifi, then watch it on edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-NfrBgYIEQ

This isnt some magnificent discovery, but its interesting nonetheless.

2. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

Yes, this is been known since the phone shipped. They had to make two versions otherwise the edge connections would choke. Sorry but welcome to last month.

3. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

So you care to show me the posts/threads where is this mentioned??

4. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

yeah i think we all noticed the difference back on June 29. Not sure where it was posted though.

5. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

15 post and and alreay being a d***. Well its news to me i wasnt aware that it did that. Btw if your gonna try to smart@ss and try to point out old news, provide a link next time jerky...

6. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Yes, I noticed that too when I was watching youtube thru edge but I thought it was just a crappy video upload :D