Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masurman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
Youtube is giving me a message that says "An error has occurred, please try again later". I have checked for software updates as well as flash player updates and nothing seems to work. It doesn't work for most videos (90%) but a few random ones it does work.

I am using Google Chrome. I also tried Safari and got the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and check to make sure you don't have any extensions, plug ins or ad blockers interfering.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
Total shame!

Safari on Mountain Lion is absolutely ridiculous - period. My Safari runs so smooth and hassle free, fast and efficient on my machines with Lion. Serves me right to upgrade :( I'm grateful for it but I am suffering :(

masurman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
Does the problem persist with other browsers?
Like Chrome, FireFox, Opera, etc?

Tried it on Chrome and same thing. It's only for some videos. Recently we got a mobile signal booster from Sprint. I'm not sure if that could be causing the problem or not. Last time I tried YouTube was about 2 weeks ago and we installed the booster a few days ago. I doubt that could be the problem though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.